Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Window Size

Options
Ed, K0KC
Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
edited September 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
After 4+ months of using my 6700 with SSDR, I just noticed that the window size boxes in the upper right hand corner of the SSDR window appear to be reversed. When a single box is visible in the upper right corner, it should indicate that the window is less than full-screen and you should click on that single box to make the window full-screen. If two overlapping boxes are visible, then that indicates that the window is full-screen and you should click on those overlapping boxes to make the window partial-screen. As I said above SSDR appears to be reversed compared to Windows standards. If a am seeing things this morning, I will go get another cup of coffee!

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    On the panadapter display there are only two Window controls; close [x] and either maximize or return to normal size depending on if the window is currently at the normal size or maximized. There isn't a window minimize control for this specialized type of spectrum display window. It is not a standard Windows type window that has all thee window manipulation controls
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Tim, I believe we are talking about two different windows. I normally run with two or three panadapter windows and I see that they are not the normal Windows type. I observed the above issue with the overall SSDR window which DOES have the three Windows manipulation controls.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Options
    On the main console window, I can not reproduce this behavior. Has anyone else seen it?
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Ed & Tim, If I'm following this correctly, it seems to be working okay here. See short clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDB1bLnxXb0 SmartSDR 1.0.5 Dell XPS PC Windows 7 Video Card EVGA GeForxt GTX660 Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Options
    That is what I see too. Working as Mr. Gates intended.
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I do not think that I am going crazy, but who knows??? I just checked again and the issue that I initially mentioned above was evident. On a whim, I decided to shut SSDR down and restart it and voila it was working correctly! This is not exactly an earth-shattering problem, but I will keep my eye out for it to occur again and attempt to see if I can make it repeatable. Intermittent problems be they hardware or software can be extremely difficult to troubleshoot. Thanks Tim and Al!
  • W4YXU
    W4YXU Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I see the same thing here. On my system (4 monitors) 2 of the monitors do NOT do the "full screen when docking the window on a monitor edge" thing. These show the described problem that I reported a couple of months ago. The other 2 monitors DO work as we all have been using. My system uses 2 video cards with identical AMD chipsets. The 2 monitors that work normally use the VGA ports. The 2 showing the aberration use the DVI interface. However, I had not noticed the problem before using PSDR.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Are all 4 of your monitors configured as one virtual monitor?
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    W4YXU - Good clue. If I drag the window up to the top edge it will expand to FULL screen but the controls don't change. At this point they are backwards. If I click "full screen" control, it will get smaller. And if I drag it back to the top again it will get fixed. See video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agDBSybc28c Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    In my case, I use a single video card driving two monitors. I normally devote a single monitor to SSDR and have other applications such as HRD Log and WSJT-X running on the other monitor. I did drag SSDR over to my main monitor this morning to check to see if the problem that I reported was somehow related to the two monitor setup and the problem persisted (not a function of which monitor was displaying SSDR, one which is VGA and the other which is DVI).
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I see it now. It is an Aero desktop interaction with the window designer we are using. I am writing this up as a defect. Thanks for the video, Al.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.