Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Win 10 or win 7?

2»

Answers

• Jim Osterling
    Jim Osterling Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for the many replies. In this thread, I believe the consensus is win 7. I'll go with win 7 on the laptop/ham computer. I have win 10 on the shack computer which is also on the lan. I have an ftdx 3000 with sdrplay/console/omnirig for my panadapter/cat. I've been using log4om and have recently gotten HRD for digital. 

I've been bombed by win 10 updates a couple of times. I assume I can put smartsdr on both computers and use either to run the radio, thereby testing the two os 's myself......   However, one comment in the thread mentioned using only one computer so logs etc are easier to maintain.

I will have to investigate what the logging aspects of operating on two different computers. My shack computer is usually running so perhaps store the log file where the laptop instance of the logging program can access without confusion. 

The panadapter with the 3000 got me part way there for sdr operating, the flex will push me the rest of the way since it's only control is a power button. Until now had not considered the extra complexities of using multiple computers with a radio server.....

I would certainly appreciate hearing how folks that use two computers have their operation set up! 

Thanks again for everyone's comments/help.

Jim
  • BrAD W.H.Y.
    BrAD W.H.Y. Member
    edited March 2018
    I want to say what I really hate about Win 10.
    1. Why they put setting on, but a lot of function I need to go back to control panel to config? 
    2. Windows 10 always has problems after windows update.
    3. A lot of function request command mode, but Win 7 have these function like login setting.
    4. You need to restart your computer few time to enable safe mode if you don't enable F8.
    And more and more issue...

I have no idea who approve this OS development plan.
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Google might help? A quick search on the error code gave this:  https://catchsupplies.com/blogs/news/epson-xp-830-how-to-fix-epson-error-code-0x97    or this:  https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved-epson-error-code-0x97/

Maybe you need update your printer drivers?  Maybe this will help? but nothing that has anything to do with Flexradio .. that's for sure.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.