Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Will the flex 6500 support 2 meters?

2»

Answers

• Maximo
    Maximo Member
    edited September 2016
    So, you've got an idea for next release; make Nyquist zones accessible to (interested) users.
    And you get one more feature, for free.
    73, Maximo
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes Ken I picked up the 144, 222 and 432 boards from transverters-store.com and was a breeze to get them setup on my 6500. See my QRZ page under myTransverters section for lots more details. Works like a charm for SSB ragchew virtually no drifting. I'm sure there is a little but not noticeable over several hours. I keep the output at about 5 or 6 watts max but play around milliwatts from time to time. Drives my 2m amp with no issues. Only problem is that the 6500 is just on 2m. Should mention FM simplex and repeaters works as should, takes some setup of the various parameters be sure to save the repeater in memory. I also used the 432 and 222 versions with similar results.
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Great QRZ page Mike!  I have bookmarked it!

David G4NRT
  • Jim Best
    Jim Best Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for the informative video Mike. I believe I'll give this transverter a try.
    73 Jim 
    WU7G
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I have tried a few different transverters on my 6500 (including the Ukranian ones) and the difference between those and my shiny new Kuhne TR144 PRO is like night and day. I am very impressed, it is the first Kuhne that I have owned but I suspect it won't be the last. 
  • Maximo
    Maximo Member
    edited September 2016
    Phil, Can you share some more details about how Khune + 6500 works?
    How you feel the difference?
    Thanks
    73, Maximo
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Maximo,
    Of course, Phil can answer for himself but I also have two Kuhne Transverters (the 432H and the new TR144 PRO) so thought that I would dive in!  

In a comparison test with my previous (and also very good) HA1YA transverter, I can hear more and with less noise.  I get excellent reports on my signal and audio when working through repeaters and also (with the appropriate waveform) with D-Star.

You only need to look at the Kuhne website and see the numbers!  The frequency stability is amazing and I am able to copy satellites with ease on both 2m and 70cm. 

I have all my transverters configured for two cable operation with a 28Mhz IF.  I attach them to my 6500 using a Kuhne (again!) transverter switch.  
    They are pricy, you cannot deny that, but they are about the best that I can find here in Europe!

David G4NRT
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Yes of course, I find it much quieter on receive than either the Ukranian or my SSB LT2S. Being able to lock to my 10Mhz ref means that frequency is rock solid. It also allows me to configure for every type of operating mode (including separate or single TX/RX connections for both antenna and IF). The biggest benefit for me though is I have problems with every other transverter being overloaded by a nearby ham who regularly operates 400w into 4 stacked yagis but so far the Kuhne has performed very well. 

73 Phil
  • Maximo
    Maximo Member
    edited September 2016
    David, Phil, thanks for your comments.
    It seems clear the Khune's device superiority.
    73, Maximo - M0HAO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.