Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Will SmartSDR have a Lock Feature for Tx or Rx Frequency

Ken W9IE
Ken W9IE Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
It was very handy with PowerSDR to be able to Lock your frequency when in a Net or Qso so it was not accidently changed by mistake. I hope a Lock feature will be available in SmartSDR
6 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Would love to see a button on the FlexControl knob for "lock/unlock" toggling.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have changed this topic to an "Idea" for additional user comments.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    As someone usually busy doing things in the shack, I often use a radio's (or PowerSDR's software VFO lock button with the Flex-5000A). No worries if either mechanically something brushes the radio or the FlexControl, or if at the PC a Windows focus-control issue leaves me unexpectedly trying to change Frequency at the control end of software. With SmartSDR having multiple slices and receivers, would sure be a good strategy to be able to lock. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Since SmartSDR will have multiple receivers open, from time to time; I think a 'Slice Lock' would be better. In other words, the ability to lock a SLICE, not the whole panadapter. My $0.02 Mike WA6FXT
  • Denley W3XY
    Denley W3XY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I would love to have a lock button (or check box) on just the panadapter so that when I tune near the edge the whole panadapter does not shift. I want to set the panadapter bandwidth to only show the band segment I am interested in so as to not distracted by stuff on either side but I still want to tune to the edge.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I would like this option also.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Both "Slice lock," and "master lock" would have their uses. I would like to see both in some form or another. Preferably an option in the Flex Control Knob configuration when they get that done..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.