Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Will Version 3 allow me to use the Flex 6400 on the computer on 80 , 40, ect and use my iphone on 6

Delbert McCord
Delbert McCord Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am thinking it would be good to be able to use my Flex 6400 on my computer as normal and have my iphone monitoring and having the ability to transmit on 6 meters. Is this something that I can do with the 6400 and Version 3.xx 

Answers

• John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Yes you can do that but unless you have an antenna that has a reasonably good resonant point on both bands then your RX strength will be degraded.
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    To back John up, remember the 6400 only has one SCU.
    Both of the two available slices regardles if on an IOS device, Maestro or PC must simultaneously share the same RX and/or TX antenna.
  • Delbert McCord
    Delbert McCord Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Oh Than I do not think this will work for me, I have a small 6 meter antenna we use for local stuff and for my HF stuff I just use my Carolina Windom. Thank You for the reply.
  • Delbert McCord
    Delbert McCord Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Yes I do have 2 antennas but what I have found out is my 6400 will only work on one at a time. Thank you for your reply.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    You can use a HF/6m duplexer to Merge the two antennas into one SCU / TX .( Comet CF-360 works for me )  
    AL, K0VM
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Reread John K3MA’s comment as he spoke of “an antenna” in the singular that would have to have adequate resonance for both your operating bands simultaneously. Having independently resonance antennas would be needed to operate different antenna/bands even with a two-SCU radio to maintain agility. I found a log periodic works well at presenting a close-enough resonance to effectively be no-tune. 73 Steve K9ZW Blog: http://k9zw.wordpress.com
  • Delbert McCord
    Delbert McCord Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    That is an idea, I could put it inline before the amp. My amp does 6 meters but I do not use it because I do not think its needed. If 6 is open its open and 100 watts is more than enough if its not open its not going to help to dump 1kw at it. We use 6 mostly for local rag chewing. I have a omni-directional antenna that is horizontal and it works good enough for local and no rotor to mess with. At the house I have a nice tower with a 4 element 6 meter beam but I spend most of my time here in the barn. I could just connect my backup rig (Icom 7100) but there is no place on the bench for it where it would be safe. I love to cast & load ammo and I am always doing some thing on the desk.  That is one of the many things I love about the Flex Its on a monitor and I can move it from monitor to monitor or just minimize it while its still on a net or monitoring a set frequency. When I got my first Flex it replaced a ICOM 756 Pro III with roofing filters and the Flex receives as well or even better and the ICOM just took up so much room I was forced to put it on a high shelf now my rig is just a click away.

Thank You for the idea.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.