Will TNFs be supported by the 6400M/6600M units??

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • (Edited)
On 23-July-2017, Gerald K5SDR said: ..."if you read the SmartSDR for Maestro manual you will know how to operate the 6400M. The new radios all run SmartSDR."

In reply to my query "Is Maestro control of TNFs implemented in SmartSDR v2.0.17 ??"  on 25-July-2017, Tim W2TME said: "TNF has not been implemented for the Maestro yet."

Therefore, one asks whether control of TNFs will be supported by the 6400M/6600M units??

Is Maestro TNF control considered a new feature, only to be included in v2 software, or a missing feature to be included in v1.x updates?

Regards--
M.R.Kane
kb1jtb/m
Photo of mrkane

mrkane

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9152 Posts
  • 3470 Reply Likes
Q1 - Yes.

Q2 - To be determined.  Not to be evasive, but we do just in time release planning and we just finished 2.0 so we have not even started planning for other releases. 
Photo of mrkane

mrkane

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thank you, Tim.

FlexRadio has been responsive to customer input regarding some feature requests and development priorities for the new units' hardware, as well as software.  Please consider the following, and raise the priority of Maestro/6400M/6600M TNF implementation:

TNFs are a feature which distinguishes the Flex-6000  series from the competitors.  It offers tools to handle noise issues from sources not otherwise accessible to the operator for direct corrective procedures.  For example during mobile operations, one might encounter noise from the injectors, defective inverter/converters, or rfi-rich APU on a nearby diesel unit.  Further, the noise will vary as the operator's location changes, necessitating re-configuration of the TNFs.  The current lack of TNF control on the Maestro renders it largely unused in my set-up, and will prevent consideration of the newer M radios, or indeed SSDR v2.

Regards--
M.R.Kane
kb1jtb/m
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9152 Posts
  • 3470 Reply Likes
I understand.  I am not downplaying the importance.  We understand the importance of TNF (we invented TNFs).  I am just doing my best to provide a forthright and honest reply to the question as I do not make the product management decisions for the company.  I just provide input to the decision making process. 
Photo of Mike, W8BE

Mike, W8BE

• 119 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
I suppose you could always run SmartSDR on a pc as a client and use the TNF until it is supported by a later release.