Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Will the soundcard on the 6700 allow you to send and receive SSTV

Thurman Roberson
Thurman Roberson Member ✭✭
Will the soundcard on the 6700 allow you to send and receive SSTV

Answers

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Yes, it's a simple matter of configuring the SSTV software with SSDR software.
  • Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Yes! I've been running SSTV using the 6700 since last year. If you need help LMK. k6hr.com/sstv.html
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Just to be clear Thurman,

There is not a sound card per say in the 6700.  There is software that runs on the PC under Windows called DAX which stands for Digital Audio eXchange.

This software installs multiple sound cards in your computer. Each one can receive digital audio from one of your 6700 slices.

So the chain is:

6700 -> TCP Network -> DAX (running on windows computer) -> Dax RX 1 Audio soundcard

Then in your SSTV software you point the incoming sound card at the Dax soundcard for your SSTV slice.   You put the transmit from SSTV software to Dax TX Audio.  This will send audio to the radio.

The beauty of this setup is the audio remains digital the entire way and in both directions.

For keying and rig control there is another program called CAT (Smart CAT) that can present network ports, COM ports so that your SSTV program can key the radio.

It really is very easy.
  • Thurman Roberson
    Thurman Roberson Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Mark
    Thanks for correcting me i'm still new to the Flex it's been almost 3 years since I brought the system. I have done that but not keying the radio at all.
    Robby

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.