Will the PowerGenius XL and matching 4O3A Tuner be Rack Mountable just like the 6000 series?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • (Edited)
I have a vision for my station - A Flex 6700, PowerGenius XL and 4O3A companion tuner all rack mounted at the base of my tower in an air conditioned cabinet and only the Maestro and a small NUC PC with a large LCD monitor back in the shack. Are these two new products the PowerGenius XL and 4O3A Tuner going to be rack mountable just like the Flex 6000 series? Thanks.
Photo of Tom

Tom

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Optimistic

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Rory - N6OIL

Rory - N6OIL

• 255 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Break out the welder and anything is possible! I like your idea.
Photo of Greg - KØGDI

Greg - KØGDI

• 70 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
i rack mount ALL of my equipment!  What can not rackmount per se, is set on rack mount shelves.  I have three 24U cabinets and I love how it looks.
Photo of Wayne VK4ACN

Wayne VK4ACN

• 129 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Im curious Greg can you upload a few pics
Photo of Joe WD5Y

Joe WD5Y

• 175 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
I have my dual blf188xr amp that I built along with antenna tuner, wavenode, and power supply installed in a rack mount that I installed casters on for floor install. I also have pictures and info on my qrz page (WD5Y). I have been thinking on installing my 6500 in the rack system but was not sure if rf ingress might be a problem as everything would be a lot closer in proximity. A side note, I just updated the amp for predistortion feedback so continually adjusting and updating. The amp parts boards etc are from W6PQL. The amp, tuner, etc. is totally remoteable, so control in the rack works great. I hope the photos attached show up ok, if not please check my qrz page out.

73's
WD5Y
Joe
Photo of Joe WD5Y

Joe WD5Y

• 175 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Not sure what happened photos need rotating, I assure you I don't operate in this position, ha ha.
Joe
WD5Y
Photo of Joe WD5Y

Joe WD5Y

• 175 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Also, you can't see in these photos, I have a vent in the top connected to the air cond. system for continuous air flow through the unit.

WD5Y
Joe