Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Will the Flex 6500 Support a 4K Display?

David Ahrendts
David Ahrendts Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Just viewed a You Tube of the Flex Hamvention booth, and the new 6600M was outboard with a 4K LG large display (might have been 43-inches?). Will my 6500 support 4K resolution? Is that something that the 2.0 update will address?

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    No - only the 6400M and 6600M support an external display. It's a hardware matter, since the non-Maestro units don't have a video card or processor.
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    The 6500 does not have a video output. The video comes from the computer, so the output depends on the video card. The Maestro does not have a video output. Also, while Gerald mentioned that it was a 4K TV, he also said that they were driving at at 1920 by 1080 which is normal HD resolution, not 4K
  • David Ahrendts
    David Ahrendts Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Yes, yes! I wasn't thinking -- the video originates with the computer, not the Flex. Very happy with 1080p, but then again, we're about to live in a 4K world, and NHK in Japan is doing regular broadcasts of 8K. It is beautiful.
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I'm using two 4K displays with SmartSDR. No issues as long as your graphics card supports 4K. Mack
  • David Ahrendts
    David Ahrendts Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Mack, love to see a photo of your set up. What model 4Ks??

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    If you have PC with graphics and a 4K monitor you can run SSDR at 4K or 8K if you have that setup. Of course the higher you go the larger the monitor you will want or have really good eyes. The radio doesn't matter with the original 6000 series.
  • Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    It is up to your PC environment and a good point of 6300/6500/6700.
    I am running SmartSDR on i7-6700@3.4Ghz/Nvidia GeForce GTX960 with dual monitor using EIZO (2560x1440) and Asus (3820x2160) for two years without any problem.image
  • David Ahrendts
    David Ahrendts Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    So fine people, do we read the announcement of the new Flex devices as accommodating a fully Mac environment? That 2.0 will come Apple flavored also?
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Apple support is provided, as always, by a third part developer. Mack
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Honestly, I would like Linux support. I have only one Windows system the rest are Linux.
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    It would need to be written by a third party developer just like the iOS . Do you know anyone who owns a Flex? Mack
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I realize Flex is not interested in do a Linux or better yet a non OS dependent version. Microsoft supports .NET on Linux which could help though I think Flex would still need to provide the .NET API files. I am not developer at this level. Walt was working on a Linux version and not sure where he stands on continuing that work.
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    And that fine product is: DogparkSDR :-)
    https://www.dogparksoftware.com/dogparkSDR.html
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    1920 x 1280 is WUXGA from the 6400M and 6600M models.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Dave told me in Dayton he plans to support SmartLink in DogparkSDR.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.