Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Will SSDR V2.0 have remote users access list with access rights

Options
Ali  9K2WA
Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
I would like to know if there are plans to grant remote access for a selected users list to access the Flex-6000 series in V2.0, with rights such as Transmit, mode of operation SSB, CW, DIGI.. etc, bands of operation also ability to chose Antenna 1 or 2.

I would like also to know how many Flexers would like to see this feature implemented.

Answers

• Dave Dave
    Dave Dave Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    access rights is a good idea .... you could allow a neighbor to get hooked but stay legal!
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I already did that with a ham friend of mine in the Gulf  neighborhood via VPN, 2 already were converted :), and more in my list.
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I think this is an interesting thought but for me, I'd prefer to see more FlexRadio "only" capabilities before making the radio have roles, permissions and access rights.

I'd like to see people's thoughts about what radio capabilities they would like to see IN the RADIO before we turn the radio into a multi-user server.

Stu K6TU
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I see myself just aching to press the PTT at that precious moment I am alone with
    that incredibly difficult to reach DX station, when suddenly the band changes and
    my fried Peter uses my TRX ... not the end of the friendship, of course, but a serious thinking about giving him the access rights to use my TRX will be in
    order. Maybe we'll have a timetable on dropbox....or a "**** switch" for the moment
    I want my TRX for myself only, yes, YES preciousssssss... 8-)
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    This community forum has a section for Ideas and there are plenty and I see new ideas now and then.

Making the radio having roles, permissions & access rights is a standard feature for any server today, and the radio comes with audio streaming as a built in feature anyway, adding roles is not a problem, however radio capabilities is an open end path and will continue to expand with more features every month or so.

I have seen other hams use a web or a PC based remote radio with limited GUI and capabilities, so why can't we do much more with our Flex Radios directly without additional software or a web interface or hardware.

It is very natural that hams would want to hear how their signals and audio sounds at the other end.

You don't have to give your friend TX, only RX if you wish.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.