Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Will software version 2.0 be available at Dayton 2017 ?

John Molenda
John Molenda Member
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I would like to know if software version 2.0 will be out in time for dayton this year ?  

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

NDA.... BUT some parts of V2.0 were visible to the Public at Visalia

So at least those parts would seem very likely

You will need to wait on pins and needles to see what Flex actually reveals at Dayton.

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    If Flex told you, they would have to **** you.
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    What is this "Dayton" of which you speak?

Do you mean the Xenia Hamvention?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    You must men the Xenia Cow Sheds!
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Many manufacturers showcase new products at Hamvention. Flex has several times. If 2.0 is ready to show off, I'm sure they will attract a lot of booth traffic for it. If it's not, well, they can show off some mighty fine hardware and still get lots of traffic. Always eager to see what the Austin Skunkworks has come up with for us!

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Just be sure to watch your step while on the premises. I'm told that race horses will be on the property.

• Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I fully understand. The homeowner looked at me yesterday and asked when was the roof going to be put on. I told her when the roof trusses get delivered!

• Mike - ZL1MRC
    Mike - ZL1MRC Member
    edited February 2020
    Hi Tim. I am more than happy to have my flex available for the demonstration. The radio is connect to a 307 ft extended double zepp. 73, Mike
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Hi Tim, are you able to confirm if it have the ability for multiple clients to simultaneously connect to the radio at the same time?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for the offer, but have it covered.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2017
    I can confirm that is a feature planned for the 2.x release cycle.  We will not be showing the multi-client feature at Hamvention.
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Ok, thanks for the response!  Looking forward to v2!
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    @JD  

Apparently the foundation has been poured at least.

@Tim

If you have downloaded the Green Heron remote control app, I can let you into my remote 6700 and control the Radio on/off and RX antenna direction switching on both RX ports.  The 4O3A 8X2 switch will put the right TX antenna on the radio in case there is Xmitting involved regardless of xmit antenna port selected.

Since there is no trip to Xenia for me, I hope someone videos some of the capabilities of V2.0 to share.

Regards
    Larry  k1UO
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2017
    We have plenty of stations lined up.  Thanks for the offer.
    I am sure someone will be live streaming it.  Maybe I'll do it on Facebook
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    YES!! please livestream a demo of all the new stuff on facebook. :) 
  • Andrew Holman2
    Andrew Holman2 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Tim, your post today has a bad link in it to the Smart Link flyer. Just wanted to let you know it is 404'ing.  Didn't know how else to reach you on here.
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I'm guessing the link was taken down deliberately because it contained references to (still unannounced) products -- likely to be announced at Xenia.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.