Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Will smartsdr 2 work on win xp sp3

Wayne
Wayne Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Im interested on dedicating a spare win xp sp3 computer to the 6400m using smartsdr 2 connected directly to the 6400m witn no internet. Is this doable?

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Windows XP is no longer supported. You should use Windows 7 or newer.
  • KC9EI - Dave
    KC9EI - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I agree completely. Win-7 is fine. WIN-8 was a disaster, WIN-10 is what 8 should have been.  WIN-7 will be around for a while.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    I am 90% sure the answer is no.  I vaguely remember trying it.  However, Ria is right.  If you do try it and it does work, you are on your own.  Any debugging will require you to move up to a supported version of Windows.

Mike

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I think Michael is right, if you were using XP and had trouble it would be very difficult for Flex to help you. Even from the driver side of things, I would say no as well.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thanks all for the info. I have found all the win 7 drivers I needed and will change out the hard drive and install win 7. I really wanted to use this machine since its so small 6w x 6l x 2h Acom DE45-HG I picked up at a hamfest. Putting in a 1tb hard drive I have on hand and 2 win 7 installations dual boot 1 for the flex ops and 1 for flex development. Thanks again.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.