Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Will it be possible to do a screen grab with the 6400M?

As title suggests, will it be possible to do a screen capture with the 6400M, i.e., say a jpeg or a png file that can be captured for inclusion with an email message?  Thanks.

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    That is not a planned feature.
  • K1SZO
    K1SZO Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    If you're using Windows, you can just click the Windows search bar (usually on or near the start button)

Then just type "sn" or "snip" and it will start Microsoft's Snip Tool, which is basically a screen capture, but you can decide what part of the screen you want captured.

As for Apple devices, I do not use them.  I know Android devices can take screen shots by holding the power button and volume down at the same time, but Flex doesn't support Android.  /angries

K1SZO ~ David
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Apple would be three keys: Command-Shift-4. It then creates "cross-hairs" that you can drag over your selection. If you hold down the Control key, then it goes directly into your copy buffer, if not then it goes to a file on your desktop. Instead of the cross-hairs you can also select a window by pressing the Spacebar and hovering over the window that you want to capture (again using Control key or not).
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
  • Bill Garfield W1BG
    edited February 2018
    Thanks all. I knew about the Windows Snipping tool. Can we do that on the Maestro?? (6400M?) Also with an iPad and iPhone a screenshot amounts to a simultaneous press of the [Home] and [Power] buttons.  I simply find myself making frequent use of this feat. on the 7300, (far more than I ever imagined I would) so yes, it will be missed.  No, that doesn't mean I'm cancelling my order.  :)

• VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    For the iPad you can easily capture an excellent screen shot by SIMULTANEOUSLY, and BRIEFLY, holding down the HOME button and the ON-OFF button. You will hear the usual shutter operation sound. The screenshot can be found in your CAMERA ROLL.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.