Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Will I notice the difference between ADC Sampling Rate of 122.88 vs 245.76 Msps (6400 vs 6600)?

Dave - N6XVZ
Dave - N6XVZ Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I'm not a high end contester nor do I have impressive antennas.  I'm curious how much of a difference in the ADC between the 6400 and 6600 I would notice.  What is the value to having the higher ADC sampling rate?  Is it really appreciable?

tnx

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Simple answer is no.
    The 6600 has two ADC, and the 6400 has one. Both radios share the same type of ADC and perform the same, but with two ADC the 6600 can do more things, feature wize because of it.
  • Dave - N6XVZ
    Dave - N6XVZ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Thanks Bill.  Makes sense; I didn't realize it was 2x122.88 so just assumed greater granularity.  Appreciate the concise reponse!
  • James Whiteway
    edited October 2018
    The ADC's in the 6600 each have a higher sampling rate 245.msps as does the 6500 and 6700. The ADC in the 6300 and 6400 do 122msps. The higher sampling rate will be more evident with the 65,66 and 6700 as it allows zooming the bandscope down to 1Hz resolution. That also allows for wider panadapter display, 14Mhz in the 65,66 and 6700 vs 7Mhz max bandwidth per panadapter in the 63 and 6400. So there is a visible difference. How useful that might be otherwise is up to your specific needs. James WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.