Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Will a person who recently purchased a Flex system, with V2 software, have to pay full price for the

Ken Miller
Ken Miller Member ✭✭
I'm confused more than usual. There is a thread about a 'near future' V3 software upgrade. I just spent 5K on a new 6600M two weeks ago, it has V2 software. Did I just get hosed, are is there an upgrade path for my new rig that does not cost $300? Mister Elroy sounds knowledgeable but I cannot figure out if he is a company spokesperson or someone repeating third hand knowledge. Thanks.

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    V3 is included
  • Gene Duprey
    Gene Duprey Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    V3 is included, and I just bought my 6500 in December, so we are getting V3 free.

Gene, K1GD
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Customers that have purchased a FlexRadio FLEX-6000 series transceiver or a SmartSDR v2.x
    license starting October 1, 2018 have already been pre-licensed for this SmartSDR v3.0 and can upgrade to v3.0
    at no charge.

• Brad Adams (N4PYI)
    Brad Adams (N4PYI) Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Larry, just to clarify. I purchased my Smart SDR Version 2 license on January 31, 2018. I then have to pay for version 3?
    Thanks
    N4PYI
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    yes, you would have had to purchase it after October 1 2018 to get the freebie.

• KC8P
    KC8P Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    English is my second language. I have no problem understanding what they have said ;-)
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited October 2019
    As said

If you purchased a radio after October 1, 2018, you get a free V3 upgrade when it releases.

Mike
  • Brad Adams (N4PYI)
    Brad Adams (N4PYI) Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thanks for the clarification Michael.
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Oh, bummer.
  • David Okay Patton
    David Okay Patton Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I understand - and have no complaints - that at some point after purchase of a Flex radio, the software upgrades are no longer free. However, I'm surprised and dissapointed that the upgrade isn't free for all radios under warranty. Upgrades should be included in the warranty; that is certainly how the company I work for handles software upgrades for its hardware products.
    Note that Flex offers a two-year warranty on its radios, while most OEMs only offer a one year warranty, which is certainly praiseworthy.  Note also that Flex only offers a 30 day warranty on SmartSDR, which is close to worthless. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.