Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Will a Maestro control my PGXL ?

James Eastham
James Eastham Member
edited September 2019 in Maestro
I’m thinking about purchasing a maestro but wondering if it will control my PGXL app. If not now is there going to be a upgrade to smart SDR that will allow this? The iOS app does have PGXL control built in ....wonder why Flex hasn’t done the same for SmartSDR for windows.

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited September 2019
    Yes

When you use a Maestro with the PGXL, you see the PGXL meters (RF Power, SWR and Temp).  You can take the PGXL in and out of standby as required.

Mike

• James Eastham
    James Eastham Member
    edited September 2019
    Thanks, is an upgrade in the works for SmartSDR V2 or V3 for Windows planned to allow PGXL standby / operate switching?
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited September 2019
    Hi James, 

I think you can do that now, but I would have to downgrade a radio to test.    

On the version I am running now, which will be released shortly, You can do that (on V3 anyway).  

When on Windows, you have the PGXL Utility that allows you to move in and out of standby.  In SmartSDR you can also move in and out of standby and see all the meters.  

If you run FRStack, there are some other cool options that can be used to work with the PGXL as well including moving in and out of Standby.  http://www.mkcmsoftware.com/Flex/Index

Tune detection will optionally set your PGXL to Standby to allow your Frequency detecting auto tuners (like the HF-AUTO) the opportunity to tune at a low power setting. Once tuning is complete the AMP is optionally set to Operate. Tune menu item in FRStack does not require any additional TX Delay however detection of Tune initiated from SmartSDR/W, SmartSDR/M requires up to a 150ms TX delay to prevent amplified tune RF from being emitted.

Mike 

• James Eastham
    James Eastham Member
    edited September 2019
    Well I guess I should look a little more closely and  think maybe it's "Greyed Out" before I post stuff....Thanks!   

• bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I can control my PGXL with operate /standby by just clicking on AMP in lower right on SmartSDR local or remote. To get the PGXL utility if you like to monitor more things while using SmartLink I start a TeamViewer session on home computer and run the utility on the local computer. No conflict with SmartLink. On TeamViewer I setup a personal password that does not change when computer rebooted. 73 Bill W9JJB
  • WG4R
    WG4R Member ✭✭
    I have two Flex radios shown on my Maestro. The PGXL AMP symbol is shown on one of the Flex transceivers but not on the other. Is there a way to transfer the PGXL AMP access from radio #1 to radio #2 using the Maestro? I don't see this in the manual. Thanks! de wg4r /s/Bill
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

How did you set up the amp with the Windows app?

Are both A and B channels set to one radio?

Dave wo2x

• WG4R
    WG4R Member ✭✭
    Dave, I'll have to admit I did not think of A and B when setting it up. Thanks for the insight on that approach. I'll take a look at my assignments. Right now, both are set on just one radio.

Bill

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.