Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

wifi dongle on flex 6500

ik2egl
ik2egl Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
is anybody tried to use in 6500 (6300 or 6700) a dongle to connect it to wifi network without a ethernet cable ?

Answers

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Don, that would need a corresponding firmware change for the FlexRadios or a small software like the waveforms and I doubt that that will ever come.

The only way I see would be to connect the FlexRadio via an ethernet cable
    to a WiFi repeater, which in turn would connect via WiFi to your router.

A cable is still the best and most stable way to connect radios. 73, Alex - DH2ID
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

Hi Don,  I have successfully used this to connect my 6700 to my home network.

https://www.amazon.com/Asus-Dual-Band-Wireless-N900-Ethernet-EA-N66/dp/B008R5MR6K/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF...

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    No direct connections to FlexRadio here, only personal experience, Kevin :-)
    Larry, K1UO, writes about the Asus Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, which he has successfully used. For experimental
    purposes, I have used an old router as a WLAN repeater/adapter, that
    has also worked. As I live in a quite densily populated area here, I try
    to use cables whereever possible. 73, Alex - DH2ID
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

search:   USB Ports

There are several articles in the forum. 

• ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    thanks I gave an eye
    but there are tons on post, many of them really so old.
    do you have some more specific ?
    tnx
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Better still would have been a GBIC port for fiber....   As it is now, I have to run copper from flex to an adapter box and the adapter box has to have a power supply then plug the GBIC into the adapter box and run fiber back to the switch.  What a mess.  That plus the extra box with relays and power supply for remote on/off and pretty soon it becomes a rats nest behind the desk.  Hey wait a minute, now I know why they no longer call radio wireless?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.