Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Why no postings since September 03 on FlexRadioSDRforum?

Options
Marv
Marv Member
edited December 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I Have yet to see a posting on FlexRadioSDRforum since the NEO debacle. When will this be corrected?

Answers

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    NEO? What happens if post to that list? 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Dave-N9CHM
    Dave-N9CHM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The reports I read were that there was no going back from NEO on the Group Forums. As such, I ditched all of my group associations until (if ever) NEO is eliminated. The Flex community here has much better information anyway, at least for us FLEX users.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Is NEO what the new Yahoo Groups thing is called? Useless changes that reduce utility & usability. Sad, as I have a non-radio group that migrated from the old eGroups to Yahoo Groups and now is basically trashed by the recent changes. About 600 members and ten plus years of posts to decide where to move. Fun.... As for the utility of the FlexSmartSDR attempt - the community is the official reference point and the Yahoo group basically either mirrored the same information or was releasing (mis)information. Not missing it at all. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    First some background -- we created the Yahoo FlexRadioSmartSDR forum a few months ago before the community was created. The purpose is to provide another forum for information about the SmartSDR radios. When the forum was created, unless you had you preview radio, you didn't get the "insider" information. The Yahoo group is still operational. It doesn't take much effort, so we'll continue to support it as long as anyone sees the need. The Yahoo format is a bit different and there are some interesting features. (polls, photo albums, etc). I also moderate some other "user owned" forums for the Yaesu radios which was the model for the SmarSDR forum. Now on to NEO. I belong to a number of Yahoo groups, and own a few and moderate a few more. The change called NEO was a surprise to many of us. Yahoo has basically revised the look and feel of the Yahoo forum interface and called it NEO. Many (maybe most) of the users, owners, and moderators don't like the changes because of the bugs, loss of some features, etc. If you belong to any of the Yahoo forums you will be NEOd soon. Yahoo's position is that there is "no going back" but they are addressing the bugs. In the mean time, activity and membership has been affected on many of the Yahoo groups. Hope this helps, Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Neo? Is that you? :)
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Good-un- Eric....Looks like one of us pre-testers searching for version 14.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Eric - It took me a minute to catch the reference. --- Neo (real name Thomas A. Anderson, also known as The One) is a fictional character in The Matrix franchise. He was portrayed by Keanu Reeves. Larry, It also looks like a lot of the Yahoo users as they try to figure out what just happened, Yahoo could sure use a better testing process....but I think NEO will be okay in the long run...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.