Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Why does my Flex 3000 make cracking noises from inside when it gets warm?

Harry
Harry Member
My Flex 3K makes cracking noises inside the blue box when the PA gets warm. I don't really bother with that noise since I most of the time operate with headphones on. But when something expands/ contracts all the time, I am afraid it will eventually break. Any idea how I could identify the cracking source or should I not worry at all? 73 Harry, 7Z1HL

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Harry, We need to look into this hardware issue in more depth. I have converted this Question topic to a Problem post and transferred it to the HelpDesk. If you are experiencing issues of this nature, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket (using the Zendesk link on the front page of the community in the right side bar)
  • Steven Hess
    Steven Hess Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Mine did this popping for about 6 months and finally settled down. It is some kind of thermal expansion.
  • Harry
    Harry Member
    edited March 2017
    Hi Tim, I loosened all screws of the PA board and moderately tightened them again. Now the radio is lovely quiet again as when it was new. I guess the screws holding the board to the chassis were too strongly tightened after repair. Case closed and one more happy ham with a Flex 73 Harry, 7Z1HL
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for the follow up! That was a good idea.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.