Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Why so problems reported about DAX error

Options
2»

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Paul - The issue you are experiencing is not due to anything residual left over from uninstalling the SmartSDR ecosystem using the procedure posted on the HelpDesk (https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204975589-How-to-do-a-Complete-uninstall-of-SmartSD...)

This is driver "crud" leftover from the upgrade that can be next to impossible to remove (removing a driver in Windows doesn't actually remove it).  Some of it may be registry keys that cannot be easily removed even with admin privileges.

In some cases like this, doing a Recovery Rest or reverting back to the previous operating systems, removing the SmartSDR ecosystem and then doing the upgrade are the only options that provide any remedy. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    "Won't it be possible to program a small delay into CAT and DAX, to get them to start a wee bit later than FlexVSP?"

Yes.  We have it as an enhancement request for an upcoming version of SmartSDR
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Yipiiieeee! Great! Thanks, Tim!
  • Paul Christensen, W9AC
    Paul Christensen, W9AC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options

Tim,

Window crashed hard this morning when going from 10 back to 7.  So, I've opted to just replace the entire hard drive with a new SSD type and start over from the ground up. 

It would be a good idea, I think, to add a warning in advance of any SSDR upgrade that any change in Windows O/S should first be accomplished with a clean SSDR removal (using your linked instructions).  Then add it back in after the O/S upgrade.   Probably this advice is already posted somewhere, but I sure missed it.

Anyway, I'll close out the support ticket.

Paul, W9AC 

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Nothing, I run Win7 and Win10 as VM on an Apple MacBookPro. I think a lot of people don't take the time read the book on how to set it up. This has probably been said quite a few times, the first thing that you have to do is select a DAX channel in the slice receiver you have open. The next thing is to select DAX in the transmit area of SSDR.
    The other thing that I have done is to remove DAX from automatically starting when you start Windows. DAX is a client of the radio but if SSDR is not running I found sometimes it will give you fits. I always start DAX after SSDR is running. I've never had any problems using this scenario.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.