Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Why is my new flex 6500 deaf

My new flex 6500 is deaf compared to my icom 756 pro3 I'm using the same antenna a eurocomm360 vertical

Answers

• Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    When you say deaf what is the noise floor in DBM and the pros floor in s units. Are you sure you have the proper ant selected . When you transmit is swr ok without a tuner. Need more infromation on your set up.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I used to own a Pro 3. It was so deaf compared to my 6700 that I sold it U likely do not have some settings set correctly on ur 6500. One thing to check is ur AGC threshold. (See the manual). It acts a lot like a RF Gain control A second thing to check is ur preamp settings Third. ...because the 6500 is a direct sampling radio it will seem to be a lot quieter (much less background noise) than any Legacy radio like the Pro3. Legacy radios have a lot more background noise due to crud they generate internally themselves which mask weak signals that ur 6500 shud hear. Perhaps u could post screen shots?
  • James Kirk
    James Kirk Member
    edited September 2014
    WHAT!
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2015
    Thanks I found that sweet spot and what a difference and set the pre amp correctly what a radio anyone want a pro 3
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2015
    All sorted now with help from the community,I got writers cramp with all the contacts I'm getting lol anyone want a pro 3 lol
  • James Kirk
    James Kirk Member
    edited September 2014
    You are not alone, the same has occurred to others. Perhaps Flex needs to clarify this or change default values.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Glad that I was able to set you on the right path.

Now u understand why I dumped ALL my Legacy radios. Even more amazing to me in the second decade of the 21st Century was that people actually bought my Legacy Radios and even paid me top dollar for them. Better sell ur Pro3 soon before the old guys figure it out.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.