why is it that most of the stateside (haven't tried DX ) telnet locations do not work in the N1MM program

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I was given the web address for K3WW to use on telnet by a Elmer on there yahoo lists .  Has any one found another stateside DX spotter to work .  If not why not am I doing something wrong? I finally got the program and my 6700 to work .  John kb2huk   
Photo of John Molenda

John Molenda

• 67 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2314 Posts
  • 956 Reply Likes
Hi John. I tried with VE7CC and K3WW and it worked fine here. 

Are the spots visible on the bandmap? What's scrolling by on the "Telnet" window? Go to Window->Telnet and see if spots are scrolling by. If not, you might not even be connected.

Ria
Photo of Gary  w8vi

Gary w8vi

• 42 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
Hi John,

I had the same issue and added dx.k3lr.com:23 to the cluster list and it connected with no problem. I like the K3LR spots because they note the stations that use LoTW.

I worked the NAQP SSB contest last night using N1MM + for the first time with my 6300 and had no issues. K3LR spots showed up on the Band Map and was able to "slide or roll" up and down the band working one station after another with the Flex Control.  

73, Gary
Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2314 Posts
  • 956 Reply Likes
I like the K3WW cluster because it's from our Club. :)

Go FRC! 
Photo of John Molenda

John Molenda

• 67 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I get very few spots opposed to something like DX monitor .  I know that the filter selections effect the spots but I have no filters running .  ?   
Photo of Phil - WG5D

Phil - WG5D

• 39 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
You may have a firewall blocking the traffic. In the case of K3WW, you need to make sure that you have TCP port 7300 open on your firewall(s). 
Photo of Mike Hoing

Mike Hoing

• 280 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
You could also ha e the filtering set funny

Mike
N9DFD
Photo of Mike va3mw

Mike va3mw

• 824 Posts
  • 199 Reply Likes
Mine works va3mw.dxcluster.org port 41112

Mike va3mw
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 794 Posts
  • 268 Reply Likes
I had the same issue but it was because I did not have any "modes" checked  Once I checked that parameter it worked fine