Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Why I love my Flex...

Options
Mark_WS7M
Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I'm sort of an impulsive gadget guy.  I like getting new things and having more gadgets.

I admit to being tempted in better times to buy an Icom 7610.   Why you might ask?  Well gadgets, something new to play with, maybe it would be a good field day radio...  Lots of little not very good reasons.

With COVID-19 pinning me at the house this desire for a new toy grew.  It's a personality flaw perhaps that I need this new stimulation.

So I was hovering over the buy button on a new radio, I won't say which one, it was not a 7610.  It was again this impulse, gadget buy feeling.

But maturity kicked in and made me realize that in this time of change with COVID who knows what things will look like.  Will I have a job? etc.   So best to save the money.

Then I remembered why I love my flex:

Lots of pans, home built logging software, skimmers, FT8 with ease and I realized that just about anything else I want to play with is never gonna have all of this!

And just like that my impulse buy feelings disappeared!

Thank you Flex for saving me from another **** purchase in time when we should be thankful for what we have!

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I can relate!!  I recently got a Flex6400.  What a great rig!  It has a really cool way to calibrate the frequency display using WWV.  But noooo...  I had to have a GPSDO so I succumbed to the urge and bought a Leo Bodnar unit.  Has it changed how I operate? - no.  Has it changed the practical accuracy of my radio display? - no.  Did it meet my need for a cool gadget? - YES!  As a kid, trying to get a receiver on frequency to the nearest kHz, this would have seemed like magic!  So all these years later, it seemed like the right gadget to buy...

Len, KD0RC
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Funny you mention the GPSDO... I just ordered a used flex version.  I am looking to integrate the data from it into FRLogger.   So I did get a gadget!  
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Mark. Hope you and yours are fine. Remember we have Acom control pending for FRLogger!

73, Santiago
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I have not forgotten!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.