Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Why does the Flex 6600 need band preselectors?

2»

Answers

• SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited August 2018

My mouth is agape. No! That's why I called it a thought experiment.

But I do have a relatively powerful broadcast signal coming into my antenna port. It's the same situation except that the broadcast signal is not powerful enough to cause an explosion, but it is powerful enough to cause ADC overload.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Still yet more ongoing education, thanks Steve.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Excellent lesson, Professor Hicks!
  • Jon_EA2W
    Jon_EA2W Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Thank you for the nice explanation Steve.

Where could I find the adjacent band rejection (dB) for the band preselectors of the 6600 (7th order) and 6400 (3rd order) series?

73! Jon
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited August 2018
    It's greater than 25dB for the 6400, 6500 and 6700 and greater than 50dB in the FLEX-6600.
  • Jon_EA2W
    Jon_EA2W Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Thank you for the fast answer Steve!

73! Jon
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited August 2018
    I should point out that the FLEX-6600 is >50dB on the contest bands (80,40,20,15,10) and >25dB on all other ham bands where you wouldn't be likely to have a strong transmitter adjacent while you are operating.
  • Gerald
    Gerald Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Thanks for the great details. My concern is that crystal filters used in if fail. For some reasons they last-about two years. Flex does not have these. Thanks for that

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.