Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

why does it take up too two minutes for the radio to turn off when the power button is pushed

James Kennedy-WU5E
James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭

When powering down my radio (6500) it takes up too two minutes for the radio to turn off, one I swear it took 5 minutes. anyone else see the same thing?

thanks Jim WU5E

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    It's Linux doing its closing things.
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Windows 7 -  8 seconds from button push.  PC remaining on.

Ned,  K1NJ
  • Mike_WB8CXO
    Mike_WB8CXO Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I'm seeing it on my 6700 too! Linux must b pretty busy lately... 6700 shut down fast until lately. Also radio stays active after I exit SSDR. Will try power off, unplug, power on while holding ok button tomorrow in an attempt to clear that issue.
  • Iain McLachlan
    edited June 2019
    I noticed that the latest update does this. Up to a minute on my 6300 after pressing the power button.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Please read my reply in this previous post https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/shutdown-issue-maybe
  • Iain McLachlan
    edited June 2020
    Still rather annoying. When I've finished in the shack, I like to turn everything off, but I need to wait before I can turn off the PSU. If it's really not a problem to dump it mid closure, maybe Flex could just program it to switch off within a second or two, after flushing any cache that may exist. It would add confidence that that's ok. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Just press and hold the power button to do a forced shutdown.
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Lain,

Are you pushing the power button and then closing the SSDR Software?

Or the other way around?

Alan
  • Iain McLachlan
    edited October 2014
    Hi Tim. Yes, i get that, in fact I could just turn off the PSU. But if it's OK to force it, then from a user perspective, it would a make sense for FR Systems to just program it to turn off. After all, if it's fine to turn off immediately, then it taking a minute or more to actually turn off, looks, with the greatest of respect, a bit of a dogs breakfast.
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

press and hold worked

• Iain McLachlan
    edited October 2014
    It will do, as it does on every computer. But do you really want to do that on every computer?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.