Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Why are all networks not listed when booting Maestro, Model A?

Larry W0NQW
Larry W0NQW Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Almost every time I turn on my model A Maestro and get to the “Choose a Wifi Network” screen the network that I want to use, the one that is the strongest and fastest, is not listed.  Some of the weaker networks in my house and some of the even weaker networks at my neighbor’s house are listed.  If I wait long enough all three of the networks in my house and all three of the networks in my neighbor’s house are listed.  The range of the strength of the six networks range one bar (neighbor’s house) to the max three bars (the fast one I want to use).  This seems to have started when I upgraded to v2.6.0 and is the same after I upgraded to v2.6.1, but I can not say that for sure.

Once I get the Maestro booted up with the strongest and fastest network the Network Status is listed as Excellent under the Diagnostics menu.

Is there a reason this is happening, and is there a way to get my strongest and fastest network to show up immediately?  

FLEX 6700
SmartSDR v2.6.1
Model A Maestro
Netgear AC1900 WiFi Access Point

Answers

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    WiFi networks "periodically" broadcast their SSID if set to do so.  You may just be missing the broadcast from your good WiFi.   Given enough time it will broadcast again.

I think if you exit network screen on Maestro and come back in it should see it.

I am surprised it is not remembering it and auto connecting to it.  Mine does.  It likes the last one I picked and always connects to it it seems.
  • Larry W0NQW
    Larry W0NQW Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for your response Mark.

All of my routers/extenders are set to broadcast their SSIDs and I am guessing my neighbor’s are also since they are showing up in my list.  I do not know how often they are broadcasted, but I can not find any settings in the configuration of the routers/extenders to change how often that happens.

I have exited the “Choose a Wifi Network” screen and when I return to it the list may have changed, but most of the time the network I want is not yet listed.  

When the network that I want to use finally shows up on the list it indicates that I am connected to that network, but I still have to select it on the screen to continue the boot process.  Very so often the boot procedure bypass the “Choose a Wifi Network” screen and my desired network has been selected, which I guess means the Maestro saw the desired network immediately.

Thanks again for you input.

• Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Are any of the networks 5GHz? My Maestro will always show 2.4GHz reliably however not 5GHz. It is also the "A" model. SSID is different for each of course and have the same settings.

• Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I have the earlier Maestro and 5ghz wifi always seem to take a while to show up on the wifi list
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I believe Flex is aware of this however there is nothing there is nothing really do about it.
  • Larry W0NQW
    Larry W0NQW Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    It is a 5 GB WIFI that I am having the problem with.  So, it looks like I will just have to live with it.  Just makes it rough when I see a spot for a good DX and can not get the Maestro quickly booted up.  To rub it in a little more my neighbor's 5 GB WIFI shows right up or at least shows up before mine.  Thanks for everyone's help. 
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    You may want to contact Flex about it, I never have.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.