Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Whoo Hoo! My first DV contact! Thanks to DAX

Ken - NM9P
Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Thanks to DAX and a couple of helpful hams on the web (K5WH and another one whose Call I forgot to write down...WA4OOH?) , I was finally able to get my 6500 running on Digital Voice with FreeDV! What it took was to upgrade to the latest version of the software... FreeDV 0.96.5 Beta, and set up to the 1600 format, (not 1600 WIDE). Now, if only there was a hardware or software patch from the balanced mike input to the DAX so I could use my Heil mike IN to FreeDV and not need to use an additional, cheap mike plugged into my computer...... We're having fun now, aren't we?

Comments

• N7BCP
    N7BCP Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I use a Scarlett 2i2 USB recording interface with a flex 3k, a Heil PR781, VAC, and FreeDV. There are cheaper USB recording interfaces, this one was consistently well reviewed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.