Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Which DAX choice is best for CWSkimmer?And can you selected the same DAX choice for more than one sl

Bill-W9OL
Bill-W9OL Member
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
in CWSkimmer you must select two settings a signal i/o device and a audio i/o device any other CWSkimmer settings that must change when using SmartSDR/Flex6.5K???

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    CWSkimmer has to be set for 3K mode since the DAX audio is "real" and not complex (IQ). I can only receive at this juncture. Signal i/o is a DAX Audio RX [channel number] audio i/o is a DAX Audio TRX [channel number] The channel number are the same.
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Got it working thanks Timmy. I guess it will work for now...except for some monster pileup with a big split. LOL Not working the contest, too much to learn, and even more to RELEARN. One of the benefits to advancing senility...I learn something anew...each day!
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Guess I'll wait for IQ before trying CW Skimmer again as 3K is not really wide enough for the big pile ups. IQ is due in V1.1 in January so not too far away. Then wait to see if FRS will implement the holy grail combining the panadapter, waterfall, and Skimmer in one display. http://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/pfskimer_what_is_the_possibility_for_a_smartsdr_display_that_combines_panadapter_waterfall_cw_skimmer Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.