Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Which element

I'm thinking of buying a radiosport headset,but would like advice on what element to order with it, I have the flex 6500 and also a Yaesu ftdx9000mp,and would like to us the headset with both,can anyone please advise me what to order.thanks

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    I have tried the M360 the M208 and the M350 adjustable electret. I found the M350 to be the best in my opinion.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Are you going to talk to the radio directly or talk to your client computer?
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2016
    ?
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016

Will you remoting your Flex or talking to it directly? Some microphone elements sound better plugged into the radio some others sound better with elements more compatible with a computer.

• Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2016
    Plugged in rear of flex
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2016
    And I think I will need a special lead , one with 6 MM. jack and an 8 pin for yaesu
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    I agree with Stephen in that event.
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2016
    Or will I need to buy 2 leads?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
     I just have the 1 lead plugged into the 8 pin foster plug. Can use that for the Yaesu and the flex. Same wiring.
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2016
    People say the rear connection on the rear of flex is best to use
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have an M350 and recently purchased an M208 - the M350 is very nice, but it was a little too sensitive and background noise was a little bit more apparent. The M208 has a broader low frequency range, but this might be overkill for Amateur Radio use.

I use the 8 pin Mic front input, and I see no problem (I have a Heil PR40 plugged into the XLR connection on the rear.)
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2016

Roy,

If you do not want the M208 element I am interested in it.

Dave wo2x

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2020

I am using the M360 element but the radio bias must be on for this element. Works well but I think the M208 dynamic might be better for direct connection.

With the upcoming Maestro the M360 element and CS6-KX3 cable combo works excellent.

Dave wo2x

• Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    No, I'm quite happy with the M208 - it picks up less ambient background sounds. I just voiced a thought that the improved low frequency range might not be very noticeable with Amateur Radio signal characteristics.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited May 2016
    ok, thanks.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I m probably the worst guy to ask on this item. I have virtually all the elements RadioSport makes including 105, 207,208,350, 360, EM56, etc, etc. They all work well but have very different response curves. So I spent a lot of time playing with TX EQ to set up each one to what I think MY voice should sound like for DX and for contesting As a result I tend to sound NEARLY the same on all mikes but with different emphasis for DX and Contesting. I rarely rag chew so I have not bothered with Rag Chew or ESSB Settings. So which do I use the most? Tough question. pRobably the M350 BUT I really depends on my mood or whether I am testing a new device like the Maestro rather than the results as it's pretty easy to swap them out. FYI. I have been getting really excellent audio reports on the Maestro using Apple Ear Buds that came free with my iPhone Totally impractical for a contest but great for walking around the the Maestro until Bluetooth is enabled.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.