Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Where's Maestro? Where has your Maestro gone?

Steve K9ZW
Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2020 in Maestro
image Okay, just like a Flat Stanley, where have you taken your Maestro to go do radios? Snapshot is quick shot off the ferry boat to Washington Island, Wisconsin (US Island WI-001L) where this weekend it will be a quick overnight running a Flex-6300 with a SteppIR CrankIR antenna. Weather is a bit edgy though I hope the wind drops and drizzle stops long enough to get the antenna setup yet today. With it sleeting out who knows? So where has your Maestro gone? 73 Steve K9ZW

Comments

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    A quick set of photos. (The small boar is one my youngest Vic KC9NWB shot.) imageimage The strong signal is George W9EVT who live about 3/4 a mile away. image 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Bands have not been good and highly variable. Definitely seeing my antenna limitations holding QSO count way down. Have been playing with also running K6TU iPad control and on the Win10 box other programs like DDUTIL alongside the Maestro. image Off for coffee and church, hopefully my rate will improve afterwards. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Rob K1SR
    Rob K1SR Member
    edited June 2016
    Steve, your making me nervous. The Maestro is too close to the edge of your table. Nice pics. 73 de K1SR
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Thank you. The Maestro with tilt feet gives such a solid feel that you spotted how I crept it up near the table edge. Didn't seem as worrying in the flesh as in photos, and certainly is an interesting phenomena as I try to be careful. Running a vertical wire antenna in this weekend's bands wasn't a highly productive exercise. Would have twenty-thirty signals on a band, then only a few weak traces and all over between extremes. Snowed and deleted, so never got the Maestro outside either. Until next trip. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Gary Wise
    Gary Wise Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I received my Maestro last week, but due to my participation in a ham special event (SCDXA on Nancy Mountain) I couldn't set up Maestro until today.

Here is a shot of the current set up in my shack.  More real estate on the monitors now for logging, contest or digital software.

I printed out the manual today.  Gotta lot of reading to do.

My wife's hobby is quilting.  She made covers for my monitors -- and for the Maestro!

Gary W4EEY
  • AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018

I got mine today and tried the fit in my car for this summer's cross country drive.  While the Maestro is not small, it does fit using a RAM / VESA mount on a cutting board placed in a sweet spot on my dash without obstructing the road view one bit.  It is not hooked up in the car yet.  Next week I will try it out.  As long as I stay away from the Stan's Donuts on the corner there, I should have room.
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Big Boy!!! 1986 grads from my high school kidnapped BB from a local Shoney's, put him on the roof of the school; he was dressed in a toga and holding a Budweiser.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Took a late ferry out to the island. Rare glassy water. Dark already so radio goes up in the morning. image 73 Steve K9ZW
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Maestro and 6500 on a SOTA excursion at Pinyon Ridge, Ranchita, CA (W6/SD-082)

45# pack - 6 miles.

• W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    This could become as popular as Carmen Sandiego, or Waldo

73  W9OY
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    It was too wet and windy to put up the CrankIR on the island, so I scooted home and am running a Maestro in the kitchen

It is warming up, so likely after a motorcycle ride I will take the Maestro outside.

Now if I could figure a way to use it and actually hear it on the motorcycle.... Hmmm...

Steve
    K9ZW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.