Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Where will PowerGenius XL be repaired?

Denley W3XY
Denley W3XY Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in Third-Party Software
Where will repair work on the Power Genius Xl be done?  It is very expensive to ship equipment to Montenegro.

Answers

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    That is just one of the many questions i have about the PG XL I'd like answered before I place my pre-order.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2020
    As with all our branded products, they will be serviced by a FlexRadio authorized service center in accordance with our established service policies.
  • Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Short answer for US hams?  Austin?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited November 2017
    That is where our US service center is located.
  • Steve Jones gw0gei
    edited July 2018
    So for Europe, will any warranty issues be sent back to base at 4o3a where they are built, or to the eu service centre in Germany Tim?  I wont ask the next obvious question about where the uk ones will go if/when the UK leave the eu :-) Hopefully the amp and the 6600 will ship to uk before that happens anyway  - at present your UK dealer is not able to answer any questions on delivery on either the radios or the amp. Thanks for putting the manuals out though, as they will keep me occupied over the xmas holiday period. 73 Steve gw0gei 

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2017
    For servicing our EU customers, the 4O3A operation in Montenegro will be the authorized service center for all PowerGenius XL repairs.
  • K3ZJ - Dave
    K3ZJ - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Tim, I assume that you meant "for customers located in Europe."  Montenegro and some 15 other European countries, including Norway and Switzerland, are not in the EU. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2017
    Yes, you are correct, not all European countries are in the EU.  My oversight.

However, technically, for all our products, you can use any of our authorized service centers, regardless of your geographic location.  Obviously, you are encouraged to use the closest authorized service center, but that one may not be the most cost-effective one for your location based on shipping costs and Customs concerns (either out or inbound)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.