Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Where in the manual does it tell how to set the pre amplifiers on the 6600M.

KB4OIF
KB4OIF Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
OK.  I have read the manual and I can not find out how to set the pre amps on the 6600M.  Can someone ref a page or explain it for me.

Answers

• Douglas Fillingham
    edited November 2018
    Click on ANT at the left hand side and see RF gain
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019

Here is a response from Gerald on how to set the preamp.  See this thread.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/6600-noise-levels-10db-higher-on-my-new-6600-vs-my-...
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Here is the process to optimize receiver sensitivity for your given operating conditions:
    1. Find a clear frequency on your VFO.  Bandwidth doesn't matter.
    2. Disconnect the antenna - You can select an input with no connection like RXA or XVTA.
    3. Note the dBm reading with no antenna
    4. Connect the antenna
    5. Note the reading in dBm.  This is where an accurate dBm calibrated S meter really counts.  Ours is truly 6 dB per S unit and measures the actual receiver sensitivity in the selected bandwith.
    6. If the noise goes up about 8-10 dB, you have the optimal setting for the noise on your antenna given time of day and propagation.  
    7. If the noise goes up significantly more than 10 dB, you have too much preamp gain, which will limit dynamic range for large signals.  Reduce preamp gain.
    8. If the noise goes up much lest than 8 dB, increase preamp gain to get it close.
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    ok.  Thanks everyone.  I knew that I had seen it before but could not remember how to do it.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.