Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

whenever i open second slice my receive volume goes down

Tony Hateley
Tony Hateley Member
edited September 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
as the title says,when every I open a second slice my receive volume goes down,very strange

Comments

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    I have noticed that as well.  I just accepted it as load on the audio amplifier. 
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Does the audio go down using the DAX or the audio output of the radio itself?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    There is a finite amount of gain produced by the codec.  We use an algorithm to do AF gain management based on the number of slices that are open, so depending on the impedance of the speakers/headphones you may notice the volume of the slice drop somewhat when you open a new slice as the gain is normalized.
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2015
    cannt get dax working no matter wot I try
  • George O'Brien
    edited November 2014
    Tony, I'm new at this , too, but maybe I can help. What program are you trying to connect the DAX to? Also, don't confuse the DAX IQ with DAX audio RX/TX. It can all be a little confusing. That's why FRS is reworking DAX and its interface, I believe.
  • George O'Brien
    edited November 2014

Stop me if you already know this...Also, find out more in the Flex Community by searching the post for "DAX".

The DAX that I use most often for sending "data streams" to programs like FLdigi, DXLabSuite, N1MM et cetera is :

Next, within the DAX control Panel, notice that to enable the program to transmit you click on the TX (like near the blue 2 in the yellow circle).  Last of all, in the Radio Panel, you need to enable DAX transmit by clicking on the DAX as the yellow arrow points to here:

This particular sub-panel only shows up when I am in Digi mode.  Let me know if this helps or it was all redundant. :-)

• George O'Brien
    edited November 2014

Tony, As if all this weren't enough to remember, the program you are using has to be configured properly as well.  For some reason, WSJT-X sometimes resets the configuration file and I have to go back into it and enable the CAT or it won't transmit. LOL.

• George O'Brien
    edited November 2014
    One last question...just in case we got off track when trying to help you.  I notice that your original post is about speaker volume during receive.  DAX is for data streams and has nothing to do, as far as I know, with speaker or headphone volume.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.