Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

When will Flex have the TALK tab in the PC AUDIO panel so we can skip SKYPE.

k0eoo
k0eoo Member ✭✭
edited September 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Wonder when Flex will have the TALK tab in the PC AUDIO panel so we can skip SKYPE, like you have with the LISTEN tab in the PC AUDIO panel?   Can you give us a rough idea when that feature will appear? 

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

I am not sure I understand what your question is. Are you asking when the 6000 series will have its built Codecs to transmit and receive internet audio without an auxiliary computer using a third party audio streamer like Skype? This seems to be a rara avis. Recently, Icom changed the firmware in their IC-7800 with such a feature that works very well. The 7800 is a stand-alone remotable radio that interfaces only with the Ethernet cable. Hopefully, this same feature will be available on the 6000 series some century.

Jim, K6QE

• Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    The LISTEN option is a feature of the Windows Mixer and not of SmartSDR or DAX.    It simply allows you to monitor the audio of a line device - some people have been using this to enable them to remotely monitor the audio from DAX.

The two way audio is coming for SSB I am sure - it was one of the key features that prompted me to buy the 6500 - so I could operate my home station from elsewhere in the world (ok, let my UK friends operate my station)  by just loading SmartSDR and authenticating.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Yes exactly, for remote operation.  With DAX we're almost there...  I'm trying to run remote from my iPad using a program called Parallels Access.  I only need Skype for transmit audio, receive audio is handled quite nicely with DAX and Parallels.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

There is a wonderful free program which leaves Skype in the dust (in my opinion). It allows you to connect the DAX receive audio (or transmit) to this program which streams the audio over the Internet or the LAN. It has virtually no latency and interfaces to Virtual audio cables or the computer sound card equipment to monitor the audio.

This program is known as Remaud http://www.df3cb.com/remaud/. Unfortunately it has to be used with a PC and does not interface with a mobile device like the iPhone/iPad. The program is free but donations are appreciated.

JIm

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    My understanding is that there will be totally native access by V2.0 including an iPad App... it so, then it would be miles ahead of anything else on the market for remoting.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Wow, it that's true I'll buy a round for everybody!
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Please continue to remind yourself that DAX is NOT the audio from the 6000 but a digital mode interface that may be 'monitored' via the Win LISTEN option.  Audio as heard from the on-board speaker/phone jack is still coming.  Save these discussions until then or direct nice-to-have features to that interface.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.