Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

when RMS express transmits flex 6700 simple shows a 20db reduction in signal level rather than showi

James Madden
James Madden Member
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
why does RMS express simply show a reduction in signal level of 20db rather than show a transmission? what do I have set wrong?

Answers

• Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Are you using an external modems connected to the line input of the Flex? There is a bug where it is impossible to drive the Input level above about -10 dB which results on very low output power.
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited September 2019
    thanks Mark. No, I am not using an external modem. Jim
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited September 2019
    further info. I have tweaked winlink express settings now when I select start to transmit messages I get a flex error that says "transmit slice has not been selected" what to do?
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited September 2019
    I found that even though I had a smart sdr window the smartsdr connection window said smartsdr was not connected. I clicked connect a few times and it finally connected. Now when I try to connect with winlink expres when it transmits the smart sdr display just reduces the display by about 20 db when transmit is supposed to be occuring. there is no display of a signal being transmitted.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.