Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

When I open 4slices on my 6500 the rx icon greys when I open 4th slice?

Options
Tony Hateley
Tony Hateley Member
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
when I open indevidual slices or 4 on one band rx icon greys,what's happening

Comments

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options

The greyed out icon is alerting you that you have opened the maximum number of receivers/slices for the version of the 6000 family which you purchased. You can not open another.   

8 Slices/Receivers max on the 6700, 4 on the 6500 and 2 on the 6300.

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options

I find your description confusing. Are you saying if you have either one or four slices you get a greying? If so, what happens on two or three?

JIm

• Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I interpret his question; that it's grays out when he tries to go beyond what the radio is capable.
    In other words he has three opened and then he opens a fourth and it grays out.  
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options

When he opens individual slices or 4 means to me if he opens an individual slice he gets greying or if he opens 4 he gets greying.

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    SmartSDR knows how many slices/receivers it can open on any Signature Series radio. After the max is reached, the icon is dimmed/grayed to convey to the user no new receiver may be opened or created unless you close one that is already opened
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I give up!
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    sorted,just having a senior moment,will have to get out away from this great radio lol
  • George O'Brien
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Not meaning to **** in, but I think Tony meant, when he opens 4 slices in one panafall, or 1 slice each in 4 panafalls, the RX icon goes grey. It's easy to mix "panafalls" and "slice" receivers.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.