Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

when I newly install the latest version of smartsdr for my 6700 the normal screen comes up but there

how do I resolve this audio issue on my windows 10 computer?

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    You are connected to the radio in the back?
    check all your audio settings, on the flag, and top right corner by the speaker sign. Make sure nothing is muted.
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited May 2018
    this version of smartsdr is connected via the network to my radio. The radio is about 300 ft from where my computer is. I'm expecting to be able to use the audio of my computer with smartsdr. Jim
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Ok in that case, press the PC Audio button at the top to get audio
    And make sure the default audio device is select on you computer for listening
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited May 2018
    thanks. when I click on that it says invalid playback device selected.
    Jim
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited May 2018
    ps, and PC Audio is selected

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    If you see that message it means the wrong device is selected in you computer audio devices
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited May 2018
    thanks for the help. Yours and Dudley's response helped me resolve the issue.
    Jim
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Your welcome
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    You have to set the default recording and playback device to your PC sound card

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.