Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

When I get bored waiting for 1.4...

Richard G7EIX
Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

I get creative....

I did one in Perspex a while ago, but it looks wicked in Wood!  So I thought I would share.   You know, like when your kids come home from school and say "Dad! Dad! Dad! Look what I did."  :-)

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    That is really slick!  What are you using to laser-engrave the wood?
    and how much does it cost? !!
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Boy that is a real beaut!!
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I have a 80 Watt Co2 laser 36" x 24" engrave bed.    The key ring is cut from 1/4 Birch Ply 2.25" square.    Looks purdy - even if I say so myself.  :-)
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I would love to hear a british accent saying "purdy"!
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, I was channeling the missus - she was the one that called it "purdy".   I just think its the dogs bollo...... anyway. :-)
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Nice, but I actually like the Perspex idea better.  Are you giving any thought to producing them for sale?
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Unfortunately no - I would need permission to do that.    So right now, only myself and a couple of local Flexer's have them (they paid me in ****!)

And yeah, the Perspex was nice - but I really like working with wood, so I thought I would create one.   I've done a few emoji's in wood too.

• Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
  • George - AB4FH
    edited March 2015
    • My career was with a company who's logo looks much like that, only the top of his head is rounded.   You probably know of whom I'm speaking.
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Dang, I wish I was in ole' Blimey...I'd fix you up with all the Newky' Brown or other favorite you choose...lol!

• Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015

I'm in North Carolina :-)  First thing I did when I moved here was find reliable suppliers of Guinness and Newcastle Brown Ale!   But we have a great selection of Micro Breweries here that are also hard to resist!

I'm good on QRZ - so you could always drop me an email - I generally cut these little items on the edge of the bigger jobs - so there is always room for a "test" cut for those that want them.  :-)

• Albert Mercado
    edited March 2016

hahahahahahahahahha !!!

that's great 73's.

• Jim Hope
    Jim Hope Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Richard, you can bring me one at the next club meeting (1st Monday at La Foresta)
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Sure, but it might be the one after - were thinking of making a trip back to England that week for my Birthday.
  • Jim Hope
    Jim Hope Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    ok guess you need to make two more, as Jamie (KA0LYE) has a 6500. Happy Birthday.
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    You have a 6700, yes?
  • Jim Hope
    Jim Hope Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Yes, I have a 6700
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    So, where do I send the ****?

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Make mine Guinness, but Lagavulin would be prefered, or Laphroaig, Does VAT apply if you don't want the whole vat? 

73, Jay - NO5J
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Good news everyone! Watch this space! :-)
  • Keith Pawley
    Keith Pawley Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I'm British and it is Purdy
    M0PAW 
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

"When I get bored waiting for 1.4..."

You must have your entire home rebuilt then... Just Kidding people.....

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    HomeBrew does imply, Brew in my Home.

Make mine Soon!!!
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    You know how hard it is to find a find a nice Ham Radio Clock - so I made my own on the Laser.   Atomic Clock (Radio Clock) mech - cut from 3mm (1/8") Acrylic.

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    If you are not willing to take orders we will have to ban you from posting those nice pieces!!! :)
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    The clock will soon be available - just working on the logistics (my day job is not playing with lasers - so I have to juggle this extra hobby) .   I promise.   The key rings, there is a very good chance that they will be too - discussions have been had.... watch this space!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.