Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

When controlling power from flex control there is no visual feedback on the new setting

W9TVX
W9TVX Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in New Ideas
I have my FlexControl setup to control the power output of the radio; however when adjusting the power using the control, there is not feedback on the actual value being set. Hovering over the power button in the smartSDR shows the actual power output value, but it would be really helpful if it were shown when being adjusted from the FlexControl
2 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    This applies equally to all the sliders in SSDR when they are adjusted using APIs such as the CMD micro, or the flex control knob. You have to put the mouse back on the slider to get a reading to find out what you got because there is no numeric feedback of the adjustment.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

That would be one of the many Basic features missing from SSDR 1.10.

Would be nice to have a selectable "Show All Values" button or menu option.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2017
    This technically isn't a problem since the software is working by design. What you what is a change to that design.   I have changed this to an Idea post to facilitate user feedback.
  • Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Let me add to that the ability to click on a slider and enter a numeric value is definitely needed.
    For example, click the power slider and enter 10 for 10 watts.

The other simple feature would be if you double click on the title or the slider itself that it will reset to the default value.

Again another example, trying to get the speaker balance exactly back to the center is difficult. But you should be able to double click on the slider and it will default to the center position.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.