Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

what's coming?

Options
I've only had my 6300 for a few days now, but was wondering what to expect down the road? Or has there been any talk of what Flex hopes to add? I personally would like to see a memory section for your favorite frequency, nets etc. And maybe for future radios, an optical connection for speakers.

Answers

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hi Steve.

There was some talk about what to expect, to a certain extent in 1.4 and 1.5.  For 1.4 a thin client is expected, meaning you can run the Flex 6300 from a computer on the local LAN.  I would extrapolate that to mean you could then take the digital data (DAX) and pipe it out of your PC as optical interface just as it the radio did it.  I believe 1.4 will have ATU memories.  I'd like that.  The 1.5 is full on remoted Lan.   I believe one before 2.0, the same functionality of PowerSDR is expected in Smart SDR (but don't quote me!)

For memory bank please see:

http://k9dur.rnaconsultingservices.com/smartsdr_utilities.html

The SDR Memory will do what you want I believe.  I use it for SWL stations (reminds me I have to send him a donation).   I can put schedule / station ID etc.  If one is clever it can do a lot.  

Since an API is now available that should really open the barn doors to APs development.

How do you like the Flex?

I have been working in cleaning RFI here and fixed several devices in the household to clear up the mess.  Also fixed my ground system per Professor Dr. Howard and that really helped remove the spurs / noise levels.  

Just snagged Cuba on SSB 15 meter band with a 59 report both ways.  No repeat of call required so the audio had to be good.  First time this random wire got a 59 report.

Best Regards,
    Tim

• Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    You might want to look at the 'roadmap' - here: http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-product-roadmap-pdf/

I assume it will be updated soon...

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    You might also be interested in FRStack. https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/memories-and-most-recently-used-frequency-utility  It adds some useful memory features. Top notch, programming from a Flexradio user.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.