What specific adaptor do I need for my Flex 6700 Balanced Microphone/Line Input

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
What specific adaptor do I need for my Flex 6700 Balanced Microphone/Line Input to a Heil Pro Set PR781?

What specific adaptor do I need for my Flex 6700 Balanced Microphone/Line Input to a Heil Pro Set 6?

What specific adaptor do I need for my Flex 6700 Microphone input (front panel) to a Heil Pro Set PR781?

What specific adaptor do I need for my Flex 6700 Microphone input (front panel) to a Heil Pro Set 6?
Photo of David Allday

David Allday

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P, Elmer

• 3866 Posts
  • 1176 Reply Likes
I don't know about the Pro-set 6, but I believe the PR-781 has an XLR connector. If you want to connect it to the rear balanced input, just use a standard XLR female to XLR male mike cable. Alternately, you can use a balanced XLR Female to 1/4 inch TRS (Standard 1/4" stereo headphone type) connector. The rear balanced connector is a dual-type connector that accepts both XLR and 1/4" TRS. Nice!

I recommend the XLR input on the rear if you have, or can get, a standard balanced XLR cable. I am using the 1/4" TRS because I already had one made up for another rig.

The front mic (8 pin) input is wired like the standard Yaesu connector.
Photo of Jim Bryce W5HFS

Jim Bryce W5HFS

• 157 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
I'm using a Heil 781 into the XLR on the back. Just plug it in and select Balanced. The audio is superb.
Photo of Jim Bryce W5HFS

Jim Bryce W5HFS

• 157 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Ken's description of the XLR cable for the 781 is correct.
Photo of Bill

Bill

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I am going to need to construct a cable for the mic i am using -- does anyone know the pin out connection on the back panel 3-Pin XLR?
Photo of Jim Bryce W5HFS

Jim Bryce W5HFS

• 157 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
I suggest you simply buy a ready made cable. They aren't expensive. If you want the details see the Wikipedia entry for XLR connector. It provides the information for each pin and even shows the XLR/phone connector used on the 6700. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XLR_conn...
Photo of ai6re

ai6re

• 93 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Here is the Amazon pointer to the cable I am using for my Heil Headset.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0026K8X7O/r...
It is Your Cable Store 6 Foot XLR 3 Pin Male To RCA Male Cable and costs $5.99
Photo of Bill

Bill

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks for the leads. I am trying to connect a Heil Goldline (XLR 4) to the Flex6700 Balanced Audio using the XLR 3 jack. I searched the internet for a premade cable but didn't find one (until yesterday via DXEngineering) but by that time I had purchased the parts (about 1/2 the price of the premade cable).

I am attaching a diagram of what I am doing. Even though I think I have the answer to the pin out question, I have to say that I am not 100% confident -- there are a lot of contradicting information on the pin outs on both the XLR4 & 3. I hope I have it right.

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9013 Posts
  • 3413 Reply Likes
Bill,

That looks correct to me.
Photo of Mark Erbaugh

Mark Erbaugh

• 376 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes
I have the connectors and cable to make up this cable to connect my Heil Goldline to my 6700. What I haven't figured out is should I connect the XLR connector shells to the shield, both ends, only one end (which one?) or neither end?
Photo of KF4HR

KF4HR

• 465 Posts
  • 131 Reply Likes
I use a Heil CC-1-XLR-Y-BAL adapter (and foot switch) for my EV RE-27 Mic, connected to the 8-pin mic input on the front of my 6700.  Works great.  What steered me in this direction was a post I read in another forum...

"I was confused by what cable to buy for my mic. I sent an email to Flex and within one hour I had replies from Tim Ellison and Matt Youngblood both advising me to get the CC-1-XLR-Y-BAL because the 6300 mic connector is "Pseudo balanced and provides better RFI immunity".
(Edited)