Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What Is Best Way To Use SSDR with Digital Signal Splits Greater Than 10 Khz

W5UN_Dave
W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am using Fldigi for RTTY and other digital modes when needed. Often, the DX station requires split frequency operation. To do this now, I use the SSDR XIT function. This works for splits less than 10 Khz. But for splits greater than 10 Khz, I'm not able. Am I using the right method here? Is there another way? The XIT method does not allow me to hear what is on the split frequency with my TX signal. Is there a way to listen on the TX frequency and surroundings in the "heat of battle"?

Dave, W5UN

Answers

• Tom
    Tom Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    As far as I am aware only thing you can do is to use one slice for RX and the other for TX. For each slice you are forced to use different DAX channel (do not forget to setup your digital software in the same corresponding fashion). This kind of setup is much more flexible than XIT based on single slice but rather complicated to change just to work split. I hope Flex will propose easier way to work split including pre-set filters to simplify work on digital modes. Rgds, Tom, 9A6TKS
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Tom is exactly right. One improvement would be to have the DAX CP follow the slice controls for TX. If I create a slice x for TX to work split it would be nice for DAX to turn on the TX function for the DAX channel associated with the slice. In other words..just have the TX in DAX follow the TX flag set on the slices. 73 Greg AB7R
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    It would be cool if FLDIGI or DM780 would accept a DAX IQ signal.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    It does.  Just enable all of the DAX channels TX ports and which ever slice has TX will pass the audio to DAX on that channel.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Start a grassroots effort to partition those developers to add an IQ input to their software ;-)
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Thanks Tim! For some reason I was under the impression that only one DAX channel could be designated for TX in the same way that only one slice could. I appreciate that clarification.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015

Robert, you have my support to start the petition. 

I will back you up all the way to HRD!

• Jim Hope
    Jim Hope Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    It looks like that support in fldigi or dm780/HRD would be a good addition

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.