Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What is an appropriate TXDelay to use for a THP 1.5KFX amp

Doug Seyler
Doug Seyler Member ✭✭
edited October 2015 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have a THP 1.5KFX amp that I have been using with the 6300 on SSB and it works fine without any TXDelay. However, when I try CW it trips the Pr (reflected power) safety, even with fairly low drive power and a resonant antenna. I suspect that I need to put in a small TXDelay. Any suggestions short of incrementally increasing it until it doesn't trip?

Answers

• Ken N9VV
    Ken N9VV Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Hi Doug,
    the ARRL "TOR" test was for ancient PACTOR and AMTOR digital programs that required a T/R time of 20ms of less. In the "old days" there were many rigs that met this requirement. However recent rigs vary quite a bit in their T/R times.  If I remember correctly, a dit at 40WPM = 20ms.  
    To avoid "hot switching" I would recommend 40ms or greater and see how it works out for your favorite speed and switching circuits.
    GL de Ken N9VV

• Ken N9VV
    Ken N9VV Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Doug, you might find this chart interesting. Go to the right hand columns and you will see the ARRL T/R test results for various modern Transceivers;
    <URL: http://www.remeeus.eu/hamradio/pa1hr/productreview.htm >
    GL de Ken N9VV
  • Charlie
    Charlie Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    I had the same problem with my 6300 and THP.  I am using 5 ms TX delay and it works fine.  No more Pr errors.
  • Doug Seyler
    Doug Seyler Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Thanks, guys, for all of the help!

Doug WB5TKI

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.