Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What type of Amp are you using??

1234568»

Answers

• Craig Willison
    Craig Willison Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Using a Kenwood TL-922 to a 6400M.  Keyed via Ameritron ARB-704.
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I use a THP 450B and an RM ITALY HLA 305V. I run about 300 watts or less. I doubt I'll ever use any more power than that. No need to.

Works great with a simple Hustler 6BTV ground mounted vertical. A lot of fun.

• Joe - KC2TN
    Joe - KC2TN Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Will there be a publishing of the results?
  • Thomas DF2LH
    Thomas DF2LH Member
    edited July 2019
    Hii @all
    I am using a Yeasu VL-1000 following SSDR via USB>BCD>Denkovi 4channel relais board.
    73 Tom

• KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I’m going be using Ten Tec Titan 425 Amp 600/1500 Watts out -Great Ampifier with my newly coming 6400M my first SDR Joe KL4QG
  • dave
    dave Member
    edited August 2019
    I use PW1 Dave W5FIX
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Kenwood TL922A
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I run both 2K-FA and KPA500+KAT500 all connected via USB for band control.  I also use the SPE control program.  2K-FA is 100% run from control app+USB.  Never have to touch the amps.  
  • Ron WD5FUN
    Ron WD5FUN Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I run an Ameritron ALS 600S amp with USB band control from 6400M.  
  • Robby Robertson
    Robby Robertson Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I am using an Ameritron AL - 1200 that runs about 1200W max. I normally use it at 800W when I use it. My KPA500 is back in the US and will be for sale along with the rest of the K-Line.

• Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Just built  an Elecraft KPA-500. Still building the tuner. Amp replaces an AL811 so I can go power remote. Hopefully I can figure out how to get the 2 USB cables working for full computer control remote.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Software for remote control available from Elecraft.

link

https://elecraft.com/pages/firmware-software

Logging and Control Software —->  KPA1500, KPA500, KAT500 Remote Software 
  • SQ8N
    SQ8N Member
    edited October 2019
    I am using  Flex-6500 + OMPower OM2000A+, CAT / Ethernet controlled.  https://www.om-power.com/products/om2000aplus
    Sensational amplifier, full automatic

SQ8N Pawel

• Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Flex 6500 driving a SPE Expert 1.3K-FA  CAT controlled

Bob, KN4HH
  • Tom K3TF
    Tom K3TF Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I am using the Elecraft KPA1500 with my Flex 6700. I use the USB CAT cable from Flex and it works great!

Tom...
    K3TF
  • Richard Zalewski
    Richard Zalewski Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I am an extremely satisfied user of the Elecraft KPA1500 amplifier with my 6600M.
  • Gary W9GD
    Gary W9GD Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I am using a SPE 1.3K . on a 6400M  Using the Dan SPE cable set interface and Cat

• Wayne Schonfeld
    Wayne Schonfeld Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I used an Alpha 86 for years, but switched 6 months ago to the Power Genius..  The Alpha required band changes and tune up, newer amps are automatic.  The Alpha is thirty years old and works like new, hope I can get 1/2 that from the Power Genius
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I had been using an Alpha 87A for the last year or so and it worked beautifully.  In fact, my only minor gripe was its 3-minute warm up delay.  A couple of months ago I received my PG-XL which has performed well.  My only gripe with the PG-XL is the output wattage meters indicate Average, not Peak power readings in the SSB mode.   Hopefully 4o3A will eventually provide a software option for this.
  • N1DZ
    N1DZ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Using a Ten Tec Centurion and a Ten Tec Centaur. Old school. Instant on. No issues with overdrive. No cat control. Only hand control.
    I had a PW1 a while back and ever since I am hesitant to go for solid state amp.
    The SPE looks promising.
    73 N1DZ
  • Brian_W9HLQ
    Brian_W9HLQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    ALS-1306 with automatic band switching.  Also have remote power on/off. Smooth operating combination. 
  • Carl
    Carl Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I use an ACOM 600S Solid State Amp and Yes, I am using the CAT Cable to follow the VFO and band changes from the Flex.  It works pretty well.  I wish I could Send CAT commands to the AMP from within Smart SDR to take the Amp in and out of operating mode and to initiate antenna tuning sequences in the AMP.  I am also using the ACOM 04AT Auto Tuner which is controlled by the ACOM 600s.  As long as I've trained the memory presets in the antenna tuner for all the bands and freqs I plan to operate, remote operation of the Flex is pretty seamless.  I am also using ACOM Director+ which is a windows based app that provides serial control of the ACOM AMP. (Thanks to M0YOM) This allows me to take control of the AMPs Operating mode and reset any error conditions in the event of an SWR or Drive power error.  I love this Amp and I may even consider the ACOM 1200S.  
    -Carl
    W1NDS

• KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Nothing fancy here, like auto tune or band switching, just an alpha 8410
  • Russ K5OA
    Russ K5OA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    New PGXL controlled by Flex 6600.  One Ethernet cable to each, so simple.
    Miss remote on ability but control 240 power with Web relay.
    Run contest fan normally but in remote give it the Broadcast and never gets over 30 degrees
    Russ, K5OA

• Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    Brian Denley KB1VBF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Works perfectly between my Flex 6400 and my ALS-600.
  • Francesco Doenz
    Francesco Doenz Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    SPE 1.5K with Dan's cable, not yet really used...
  • Pete - W6OP
    Pete - W6OP Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Tokyo Hy-Power HL 1.5K with matching auto tuner. I use a USB to serial cable to control amp. Works great.
  • LZ2BE
    LZ2BE Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    2 x ACOM2000A with 6600 in SO2R during contests.
    Boyan LZ2BE
  • Phil Hogan Sr
    Phil Hogan Sr Member
    edited March 2020
    I am using an Ameritron 1306. I did have the remote band switching working but recently did a reconfiguration of my station and the remote feature no longer functions. I have given up and will just continue manual switching for now. I really love the 6500. I could not ask for more. 

Good DX, 73

Phil, W8PNZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.