Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What type of Amp are you using??

Answers

• K5XH
    K5XH Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Henry 2K and a Heathkit SB200. Manual control with isolation relays. Waiting on PGXL.

Mark K5XH
  • Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Mike, I guess one reason I was asking was to see about popular models that could use some support in FlexLogger.

Some day I hope to integrate the PGXL into the fold as soon as someone gives me one they don't want!  

<grin>
  • David Livingston
    David Livingston Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Expert 2K ... I love it...!!!

• K9SO
    K9SO Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Mike, I'm sure you already know this but the Yaesu "ABCD" output is simply BCD and the BIT cable can be configured to output BCD. However, the BIT cable logic outputs are 3.3v logic (not standard "old" TTL) and the inputs to both the YAESU Quadra and the Ameritron 1306 are 5v 7000 TTL.

This was an initial concern.

But by specification, the BIT cable outputs are 5v TTL tolerant and both the Quadra and 1306 TTL inputs recognize 3.3v as within the logical "1" range, albeit with reduced noise immunity. I and others have had 100% success just plugging the output of the BIT cable (set to BCD) directly to the inputs of the amplifiers without level converters. 

Fred
    K9SO
  • Mark
    Mark Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Hello Don,  I have the ALS-1306 also and it works fine with my 6700.  I do change by hand a lot of time since like you I don't use the amp that much, but when I have it in the REM position it works well.  Sometimes takes a bit of time for the band information to be sent to the amp, but it gets there eventually.  Good luck!  Mark.
  • Ed Johnson
    Ed Johnson Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    RF2k+, formerly PW1
  • wa4wab
    wa4wab Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019

Acom 1010  (new style) - manual. Used with 6400m
  • AC9S
    AC9S Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Here is a link from the Alpha site with specs on all their amps.  Looks like it includes all the legacy.

http://www.alpharfsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Amp_Keying_Specs.pdf

Keith - AC9S
  • AC9S
    AC9S Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Here is a link from the Alpha site with specs on all their amps.  Looks like it includes all the legacy.

http://www.alpharfsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Amp_Keying_Specs.pdf

Keith - AC9S
  • Jimmy Collis
    Jimmy Collis Member
    edited March 2019
    Im running an Expert 1.3 on my Flex 6600M 
  • Bob KC9RF
    Bob KC9RF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Acom 600S and SPE 1.3FA both run remote 
  • Dave - W6OVP
    Dave - W6OVP Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    >What I am working on is a document that we can share with new customers

How about sharing it with the OLD customers who gave you the information and helped you with the project?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited March 2019
    That is the plan.  It would be added to our knowledge base.
  • Roger_W6VZV
    Roger_W6VZV Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Tokyo Hy-Power K1.2 (About 700 watts).  If it ever goes South will probably get the Elecraft 500 watt solid state amp.

de Roger W6VZV
  • John Swink
    John Swink Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Mike

I tried connecting the SG-500 directly to the radio with various delay settings but experienced intermittent operation.  with the buffer relay inline everything works.  I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it.

John
  • Brian_W9HLQ
    Brian_W9HLQ Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    ALS-1306 running remote most of the time; full band switching.  Remote power control with iDevice remote and DLI ethernet remote relay control to select antenna and amplifier power/operate control.  Works great - Brian W9lHLQ
  • Jay Adrick
    Jay Adrick Member
    edited March 2019
    SPE 2K-KA controlled via USB on my 6700  and Alpha 9500 controlled via USB on my 6600
  • Craig Willison
    Craig Willison Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Bob - would like to contact you re using the TL-922... your email noted on QRZ bounces.  Can you send me your contact info...  [email protected]

Thanks Bob!
  • William Osborne
    William Osborne Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I am using the 2K-FA with USB control--works great.
    Bill-K5ZQ
  • Joe - KC2TN
    Joe - KC2TN Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    PG-XL arrived just before Dayton Hamvention. My SPE 2K is now For Sale on QTH and Eham.
  • Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Me, too!
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019

RF-Kit B26 RF-2K+ and CAT control from my Flex 6600
  • VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    2K-FA here also. Very happy with it
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    2K-FA. Controlled via DDUTIL so it can do remote on and off, etc. But it’s only 1100W on FT8 which sometimes is not enough power for the weak ones using a wet noodle AND A Legacy Radio to hear me.
  • W8TZ Ross
    W8TZ Ross Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Palstar LA-1K, FTDI USB cable from Flex 6400M. BCD band data to amplifier DB9 Radio Control port. 
  • Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    Stephen Hawkins NG0G Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I have an Ameritron AL-80B with an external QSK-5 for full break-in

• Douglas Maxwell
    Douglas Maxwell Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I am using a LinearAmp Gemini HF-1K, it uses CAT control, but it will also auto-detect the band on transmit
  • Logan KE7AZ
    Logan KE7AZ Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I’m using an Acom 1010 and ARB 704 interface. Great amp, easy to tune, and lots of protection to keep me out of trouble.
  • Boyan LZ2BE
    Boyan LZ2BE Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020

I'm using 2 x Acom2000a with Flex 6600.
  • Steve
    Steve Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Commander HF2500 one of the best amps ever made..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.