Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What Tuner would work good with 6600 M

Brad
Brad Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Have two long wires. Have a old(7 yrs+) MFJ 998 Auto now. Use on 40 thru 160. Wires  or feed with 400 LMR, gone from wire to tuner , to Array antenna switch, to Power Master Meter, to PW-1 Amp to radio. The SWR goes from 2.3 to 3.6 depending on band, which the tuner on Flex can not change. Maybe a newer tuner would work with the Flex better?? Would be more interested in a auto then Manual, but not set in stone and need a 1500 watt so can use the PW-1. Thanks Brad K5NHR

Answers

• Hugo Escalante
    Hugo Escalante Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I used a Palstar HF-Auto 1800 Watt Automatic Antenna Tuner with my 6300 and will be using it with the 6600 when it arrives in the near future.
  • N5BE
    N5BE Member
    edited October 2018
    I second the recommendation of the Palstar HF-Auto. I have used mine on my 6300 and now 6600M. Since it has 3 in ports I was able to run my feed lines directly into the tuner eliminating an external antenna switch and associated jumpers etc. Now the tuner is also my switch and auto selects my antennas by band selection. The tuner quickly gives me 1.0 or darn near it across the whole band. It works seamlessly. It's also built like a tank.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I am a fan of Palstar as well. Have the HF-auto (and HF Auto-R), AT auto and a BT1500.

Cant say the HF-Auto is my favorite as it has some re-tune issues on 160 where I need to put the thing in manual after its tuned. I am not the only one that has this problem as I know 3 other hams locally that have the same problem not to mention guys I have worked on SSB. On the other HF bands it works like a dream.

Truth is there are not a lot of good options out there.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.