Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What that??????

N2TTA
N2TTA Member ✭✭
Error pop up, Any idea what’s wrongimageimage

Comments

• Mark Chamberlain
    Mark Chamberlain Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hi I had the same error when operating at JoTA recently when someone fired up on 20 m with out warning me. I was also on 20 working FT8. In that case it was what it said excessive RF at antenna input. Not sure if this answer is any help though. Regards, Mark M0 ZSS
  • KS0CW
    KS0CW Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I have seen this behavior when in FDX and having a second panadapter on a different receive antenna
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Well this is the rig doing a self protect from high RF on a receiver (aka SCU). 

The second receiver is most likely on FDX (full duplex) and is being overloaded by the transmit
    or
    the second receiver  (aka 2nd  scu ) is on a different antenna input also receiving high RF from the transmitter.

Best thing to do is check the whole setup and make sure you are not overloading second receive input. 

One scenario ..is operating full duplex...without bandpass filters
    Another scenario is two antenna inputs to the rig where each scu is on a separate antenna and the antennas are too close together causing high rf input on one of the receivers inputs...

Bottom line is the rig saved it self from destructive RF loaded which would have blownout and SCU and/or its associated preamp

and

so the error message is a good thing done by the radio
    and
    allows you to double check the setup and operating conditions

Paul K3SF

• N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    even if I disconnected all antennas I have same error at ANT1 positions
    My radio just returned from flex repair, Port A was broken. Looks like something wrong again... No Pa, just 100w
  • KS0CW
    KS0CW Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    With FDX off?
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Yes
  • Mark Chamberlain
    Mark Chamberlain Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hi I had the same error when operating at JoTA recently when someone fired up on 20 m with out warning me. I was also on 20 working FT8. In that case it was what it said excessive RF at antenna input. Not sure if this answer is any help though. Regards, Mark M0 ZSS
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Few days ago radio returned from service with this issue: Problems / Issues Found: The following issues were found during the problem assessment phase of the service request: 1. Confirmed customer reported problem of low RF input from ANT1. 2. Also found same issue with RXA & XVTRA. 3. Factory tests confirmed PreSelector A bad. Corrective Action Taken or Service(s) Performed: The following corrective actions were performed to resolve the issues noted above. 1. Replaced PreSelector A. 2. Ran full factory tests. Radio passes. 3. Ran full functional tests. Radio passes. 4. Confirmed 0dB loss on all RX inputs.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.