Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What is this response telling me?

Wayne
Wayne Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in SmartSDR API
Playing with api sent command to change freq to 14.245 but did not change and returned this message ... what is the radio telling me ... see photo for details. Slice freq never changed nothing appeared to happen. When I disconnected tcpip then reconnected to the radio and did it again it worked so now im confused. Yesterday it worked everytime I did it .. today not so much.. Says R0/50001000/lf Says sucess for command but then im confused. imageimage

Answers

• John G3WGV
    John G3WGV Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    The R0| means that it was a response to command C0|, not that it was successful. 50001000 appears to be an SL_RESP_UNKNOWN error, see http://wiki.flexradio.com/index.php?title=Known_API_Responses. This might be because you are always sending the same command number of 0. It should be incremented each time you send a command. I can't see anything else that might be wrong with your command line.

73, John, G3WGV

PS: I see you added more information while I was researching and typing my response. This new info leads me to conclude that the problem is definitely the fact that you are not incrementing the command number.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thanks! I also wrote a routine which finds every send command in the xxxx.cs api files and writes those lines to a text file with the same name as the api file with a different extension so that makes life easier also.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    John where can I find the messages.h header file referenced on the wiki ... I have not located it in the api files?
  • John G3WGV
    John G3WGV Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I don't know, sorry. It's probably not very helpful anyway - what you really need to get your head around is the command/response structure. You may find that my API primer helps (see the Wiki front page).

73, John, G3WGV
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    John yes ive been reading it over and over its very helpful. Im just about ready to start working on decoding response messages now that I got the discovery and initial connections and those messages down ok. Thanks for the primer its been a great help!
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    Wayne,

I don't see anything obviously wrong with your command.  I just booted up my 6700 and connected via telnet and did 'slice c' (create a Slice) then 'slice t 0 14.245'.  This tuned the Slice as expected.

The only reasons I can think of for getting that response (0x50001000) would be either that Slice 0 (displayed as A) doesn't exist or there is some kind of syntax issue with the command.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Found out the issue I was having resulted from me not adding a vbcrlf to the command when sending it using vb6 so there was for some reason a delay in it being sent out by the winsock control I was using. All is great now and sent immediately. Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.