Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What is new for the Dayton Hamvention 2015?

Answers

• Richard McClelland, AA5S
    Richard McClelland, AA5S Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Steve recently discussed what it would take to get the hardware in place to tune in the range 1khz to 220 or even 512 Mhz inclusive.  Maybe the music that Tim is referring to is audio from the FM broadcast band that we'll soon be able to listen to on our new Flex 7000s.  
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

What day and time do I need to send the wife shopping so I can pay for a NEW toy in the online store? :-)

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    I think Maestro will finally get Tim to behave!

edited June 2020
    If Tim starts behaving, he'll need to get a regular job where that type of behavior is expected.  No use for it here.  :-)
    edited May 2015
    Potato chips?  You left out potato chips?  As the Vice President of the Junior Potato Chip Anti-defamation League, I take umbrage.
  • Jerry  WA9UKB
    Jerry WA9UKB Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
  • Luke Reynolds
    Luke Reynolds Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I hope not....I just bought the flexcontrol used tonight for my 6300 ...yikes!
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hmmmm. My off the wall list of possibilities: An Apple version of SSDR, or at lease a thin client version. An interface box that will interface everything, from a switchable port for the remote on/off, to antenna, rotor, amplifier, mikes, foot switch, etc. A simple remote access driver...for when your connection won't support standard remote. A VHF/UHF rig. That is all. I'm too tired to think of more. Ken - NM9P
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That is a good guess. Interesting...
  • W9MO
    W9MO Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I am just happy that SSDR is getting better with each new release.  :-)
  • Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    A hardware plug in box that gave full so2r capability for two 6000 series radios and interface of amps rotors etc within some new ssdr client add on to give me a competitive edge in contests and fully interfaced with n1mmplus including win key chip - that would persuade me to buy a second 6000 radio to integrate with a second amp and my so2r antenna switch.
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    good deal, Bob...bring it ON !!  73

• rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Is it being announced thursday or friday? And at what time? ;-)
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

It would be nice if it is a universal interface which talks to the 6000's via USB. As it stands now, it is necessary to have third party hardware/software/adjoining computers corrupting the beautiful symmetry of the Flex itself.

• Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Well the link for the Maestro banner is https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1203676/RackMultipart20150513-15723-vmsdj2-Maestro_B...  Notice the vmsdj2 toward the end?  This would tell me it is an interface for something like this:  http://www.adj.com/vms2 

Now we'd have a SDR with knobs?

I want one!!!!

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Link access denied!
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    just hover over the Maestro banner at the top of this thread to see read the link.  This is where you will see vmsdj2-Maestro in the link title.  This says it all.....
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ohhh adblock was hiding that banner for me.  I turned it off and now this entire thread makes a lot more sense. ;-)
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I wonder if I'm a winner????

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I can't say that. I see a very very slight improvement in both NB & ANF.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That is interesting most have had a dramatic improvement.
  • EA4AK
    EA4AK Member
    edited May 2015
    If I follow my intuition (what is that I miss everyday with my 6700?) this sounds to me like "music to my fingers".....
    I guess we are set for big great news from Flex here !
    Can´t wait to know.
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
      If so, I claim second (I guessed two knobs, 12 buttons..... usb....and a key
    jack).  Very cool for remote.

Ned,  K1NJ
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yeah i noticed a huge improvement. Night and day difference here.
  • Luke Reynolds
    Luke Reynolds Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I wish there was a tutorial on effectively using the NB and ANF
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Sooo.  It could be a MIDI interface program for either a specific MIDI Controller (good) or even customizable to use a variety of different brands of MIDI Controllers (Even better!)  Could it be that I won't need to continue developing my own software?  (Mixed blessing, because I am half done and have learned a lot!)  

Perhaps best would be a midi-type controller, with display or monitor output, that can network to the 6000 series over LAN/WAN and incorporates PTT, Keyer Paddle input, and Mike Input!

Ken - NM9P
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    You can watch Flex set up their booth at dayton on the w5kub.com livestream. :-)  I haven't seen any secret products in the background yet though.
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited November 2016
    Luke,
            I struggled with that also I know what they do. I found after much listening (99% of what I do all over the HF bands not just Amateur bands) that every day, even the hour can make a change in settings. It's between AGC-T, NB for noise mitigation. An the ANF is all about unwanted carriers/tones in your band width. Be best I can tell you is practice, practice, and play... Don't think there is a way to write instructions to deal with all possibilities you may run into. Also remember as FRS continues to improve their algorithms the way these things work will change.   

• Jon Utley
    Jon Utley Member
    edited May 2015
    I would guess Maestro has something to do with Audio compression.  
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    A boom box? Isn't that so 80's?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.