Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What is it with FRS and colours?

2»

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    When V2.0 is released WAN will work for smartsdr for iOS. It was demoed at Dayton without VPN
  • Gary L. Robinson
    Gary L. Robinson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    First time I went to Washington D.C. and I saw horizontal traffic lights on the side of street I pulled over and watched the intersection for a while to see if GO (I refuse to say green since for me it does not exist) was on the left OR on the right hihi  I hope IF FRS does eventually change a lot of colors and visual components that they remember that there are MANY color impaired hams that don't key into color at all.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2017
    We hear you loud and clear.  We know that there are people that have a difficult time seeing the SmartSDR console due to the current color scheme and there is an enhancement request in our database to create high contrast color schemes that will benefit those who are color blind.
  • VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Thanks Howard, that's great news. I missed (?) Dayton/Xenia this year. Off topic, did you get fed at the Flex Banquet this year? Only joking
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Actually missed Dayton 2017 because we were heading back to France
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017

@Tim W4TME - if possible if that request could be slightly expanded to include color scheme options for high ambient light (outside in bright sun, maybe even wearing sunglasses) and in low light (in the field in a tent) conditions, it would be greatly appreciated.

These are somewhat different than color selections made to aid the color blind, or those made to aid the vision impaired. 

There is a lot of moving parts, not only colors but font selection (and perhaps minimum front size for some uses) that creating is part, as being able to save and switch between visual configurations would be super useful.

Something like a changeable Skins/Profile-for-visuals would be awesome.

Thank you and 73

Steve K9ZW 

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2017
    We will consider your request for addressing high/low ambient light conditions
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I was there and at the Thursday banquet. It was pretty lively. 
  • Brian Bedoe WD9HSY
    Brian Bedoe WD9HSY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Thursday night I was trying to work Scott over on a User Assigned Color Pallet, I was trying!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.